HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Gallic intifada - By Arnaud de Borchgrave

by hh / October 17, 2006 10:00 AM PDT
Anti-Semitic incidents have proliferated in France in recent times, but the news seldom makes it across the Atlantic. A Jewish sports club in Toulouse attacked with Molotov cocktails; in Bondy, 15 men beat up members of a Jewish soccer team with metal bars and sticks; a bus that takes Jewish children to school in Aubervilliers attacked three times in the last 14 months; synagogues in Strasbourg and Marseilles and a Jewish school in Creteil firebombed in recent weeks; in Toulouse, a gunman opened fire - all ignored in mainstream U.S. media. The metropolitan Paris police tabulated 10 to 12 anti-Jewish incidents per day in the last 30 days throughout the country. (Washington Times)

http://www.washingtontimes.com/commentary/20061015-103453-5327r.htm
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Gallic intifada - By Arnaud de Borchgrave
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Gallic intifada - By Arnaud de Borchgrave
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
And John Kerry
by holtnr / October 17, 2006 10:12 AM PDT

wants us to be more like the French...

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) our colors dont run
by Mark5019 / October 17, 2006 10:13 AM PDT
In reply to: And John Kerry
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) When did he say that?
by Dan McC / October 18, 2006 12:47 AM PDT
In reply to: And John Kerry
Collapse -
France has never had much of a concept of equal treatment
by Ziks511 / October 17, 2006 6:01 PM PDT

before the law, and the living conditions for those Muslim families from the former French colonies in North Africa in the banslieu of Paris and other big cities (think American ghettos occupied by coffee skinned Muslims) are wretched. They form notorious "no go" zones for police except in great force. It is from this population that the current crop of anti-semites and vandals arise.

Now as everybody knows, France itself doesn't have a particularly good record in the matter of anti-Semitism, though it had settled considerably some years ago. Trouble is that as a crime it tends to be punished fairly lightly, and it's hard to isolate even a few of the crowd when there are no police on the scene. France needs to get off its self satisfied a$$ and enact stricter laws and then act to protect the Jewish population, however much that may go against the grain. They also need to announce it in the Arabic newspapers in France so that the right people get the message.

Rob

Collapse -
Good points, Rob.
by Paul C / October 17, 2006 7:48 PM PDT

You wrote:

Now as everybody knows, France itself doesn't have a particularly good record in the matter of anti-Semitism, though it had settled considerably some years ago.

The fact is that of all the nations vanquished by Germany in WWII, France had the most shameful record of collaboration with the Hitlerian death machine. When visiting France in the 80's, I was struck by the level of anti-Semetic sentiment I encountered in passing conversation with and casual observation of the French (It helps if you have some degree of knowledge of the native tongue).

It's not that the enemy is at the gates; in this case, the enemy long ago was invited in and is now busily disassembling French society as we speak.

I'm 56; I don't know your age, but I'll make a prediction about the land of my ancestors: Within my lifetime, France will become Europe's first "Islamic republic," to be followed shortly thereafter by the Netherlands, Sweden and Belgium.

IMO, we shouldn't expect much from Europe in the way of assistance against Islamofascism... Sad

Collapse -
Dreyfus wasn't railroaded by Arabs,
by drpruner / October 18, 2006 12:46 AM PDT

and I gather the mindset still exists with the railroaders' descendants. And the Victor Hugo's are usually outnumbered.
The actual law is, ''And Peter opened his mouth and said: ''Truly I perceive that God shows no partiality, but in every nation any one who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him.'' Acts 10:34,35. Two problems with this: The law has- at present- no teeth in it, as people see such things. (Voluntary compliance, though, is not prohibited.) Also, many in all groups don't 'fear Jehovah and do what [he says] is right'.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.