Samsung forum

General discussion

Galaxy Note II + Samsung customer support 40 day long joke

40 days long joke or horror?
Purchased unlocked (so I can travel and use it in Americas and Europe) Samsung Galaxy Note II smart phone at the end of November 2012. The phone worked fine for about seven months and died. Called Samsung support, received by e-mail in 5 minutes the UPS label for shipping it to Samsung repair shop. A week later or so the phone arrived back with included completion report stating "REPLACED PBA" and died after couple of hours. The story repeats. Called Samsung support, received by e-mail in 5 minutes the UPS label for shipping it to Samsung repair shop. This time the Samsung repair shop called and said the phone works fine. I asked him to leave it powered on a desk for one or two hours and try to use it after. He called back and said they replicated the problem. A week later or so, the phone arrived back and died again after couple of hours. This time the completion report stated "REPLACED PBA" and "RE-WRITE IMEI". I called Samsung support again, was told the case will be escalated to the exchange department, they asked for completion reports from the Samsung repair shop (like they don't communicate internally!). Fine, scanned and e-mailed the reports to the address provided. Called back to confirm that they received the scans because they were not replying by e-mail. Called and asked every day for a week or so and they were telling me that they have not received my messages and attachments. Uploaded the reports and a purchase receipt to my website, sent them the link and asked them to get files from there. They finally said that they received the requested files. I called them once a while for next two weeks asking what about the escalation and replacement. I was told that the case is being processed and somebody will contact me soon. Two or three weeks after the second repair while waiting for somebody from exchange department to contact me... I was told that they are waiting for third completion report! What the heck... the phone sits broken on my desk because they promised escalation and replacement and now they are telling me to send it for another repair? Why they didn't tell me about it two or so weeks ago? I got really frustrated and upset, but fine... I asked them to send me another UPS label so I can send the phone for another repair. Guess what... before I was getting UPS labels in 5 minutes after calling them, this time nothing from Samsung in my mailbox for a day! I called again last night... they say they experience technical difficulties. Are they waiting for warranty to expire? 40 days now... and saga continues. Wondering what is going to be next?
I do own a Samsung LCD TV and other computer equipment, but this experience makes me stay away from Samsung forever. Don't buy SAMSUNG!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Galaxy Note II + Samsung customer support 40 day long joke
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Galaxy Note II + Samsung customer support 40 day long joke
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Two ideas. Well 3.

In reply to: Galaxy Note II + Samsung customer support 40 day long joke

Collapse -
RE: Galaxy Note II + Samsung customer support 40 day long jo

In reply to: Two ideas. Well 3.

Thanks for the link and ideas, but...
1. I already have four transactions numbers from Samsung. I believe you wanted me to post the latest one, but last Friday, after couple more phone calls have finally received UPS shipping label and sent a phone for third repair. I'll see what's going to be this time and post the transaction number later if still broken and customer service still makes things difficult.
2. Sorry, I don't have a time to socialize and never registered for any social network including Facebook and Tweeter, so I can't do much after following your link to the Service Issues.
Thanks anyway!

Collapse -
80 days and a BS saga continues... :)

80 days and a BS saga continues... Happy
Of course as I expected the third repair did not help. I was re-directed to Customer Relations department about 2-3 weeks ago and again there were problems with receiving by Samsung my attachments (the scanned completion reports). Finally the CR person provided me with an e-mail address and he has received all three reports. Nearly every work day I e-mail him and ask about next steps, but he does not answer most of my messages and when answers... keeps telling me that we have to wait for Upper Management and President's Office for replacement decision. Why it takes that long? When I was buying this phone at the end of November 2012 I paid $700, 80 days ago when it broke it was worth on eBay around $500, now you can get one like this for about $300. Is Samsung waiting for the price to go lower, so they can afford to buy one on eBay and replace my broken phone? Happy Or... are they waiting for November and warranty to expire? Happy I am no longer frustrated or upset because I am enjoying my new smart phone (of course NOT by Samsung), but still want the broken Galaxy Note to be replaced or repaired, so I can give it away to family member. Why it takes that long and what can be done about it? Should I contact Better Business Bureau, go to court or tell my story to local newspaper and local TV news? I can make and post on YouTube nasty video with Samsung phone freezing at boot-up and with my comments about how Samsung honors their warranty. What would you do? Please advice!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.