Samsung forum

Alert

Galaxy Note 3 Slowing

by isaka94 / May 23, 2014 11:03 PM PDT

Hi, i bought a Note 3 just 3 weeks ago but i have some slowing and phone's becoming hot after i spend some time doing things with it. I'm using sportify and i have some games but mostly i only play Minion Rush and a while later the reactions of the character becomes slower and game is slowing down and while this was happening phone becomes hotter. I don't use a memory card yet so there's only the internal storage now. Note 3 phones have 26 gb avaible user storage and i used 10 gb of them and that's another problem, i haven't used 10 gb of them and when i plug the phone to the pc and open the storage page i can't see any 10 gb's of something so i can't delete that 10 gb! Help me please i contacted the samsung customer service but they didn't give me any useful information about these the service in my country sucks Sad
I'm waiting for answers Happy

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Galaxy Note 3 Slowing
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Galaxy Note 3 Slowing
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
The only answer I get
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 24, 2014 2:18 AM PDT
In reply to: Galaxy Note 3 Slowing

Is to reset it to factory condition, don't install apps and see if the problem goes away.

Collapse -
Link says 22GB (possible) free user storage.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 24, 2014 4:33 AM PDT

That's 10GB less than the 32GB "raw storage" it is fitted with.
Source -> http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=4246

Apps can cache content so without sitting down with the client I can't guess what apps you have or what they may have squirreled away in the memory.

Do you think support should be available, even if for a fee?
Bob

Collapse -
Update?
by gn4review / July 17, 2014 1:01 AM PDT

Were you ever able to solve the issue? I was surprised to hear about it because my Note 3 runs flawlessly. The only issue I have is that the battery is no where near as good as it was when I first bought it. Well, let me know.

Collapse -
Many many times.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 21, 2014 6:06 AM PDT
In reply to: Update?

The only reason I've dealt with this and this is not device specific is the office writes apps. However let's sum it up as Android is the new Windows.
Bob

Collapse -
which app?
by gn4review / July 21, 2014 8:41 AM PDT
In reply to: Many many times.

Are you referring to Polaris Office when you're talking about "office writes apps"? I don't even use the stock office (Polaris). I use what is now called WPS office (kingsoft office) and I haven't noticed any particular drainage. Let me know.

Collapse -
Propreitary apps.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 21, 2014 8:50 AM PDT
In reply to: which app?

That is, apps you may never see in real life. Today, Android challenges folk even more than Windows as the tools to nail down what is using this, or that resource are not as easily understood as what we have in Windows. That is, have you seen a decent task manager clone? I haven't and due to security on the OS it may not be possible. So folk are left to reset the device and load only what they need to get by.
Bob

Collapse -
Gotcha
by gn4review / July 21, 2014 10:14 AM PDT
In reply to: Propreitary apps.

I get what you're saying. That's why people are rooting their devices, so they can have greater control over their devices. Very true. I wish I could root my Note 3 but it's from Verizon and it seems they don't allow it.

Collapse -
Did you try ES Task Manager?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 21, 2014 9:09 AM PDT
In reply to: Update?

What it does and reports is too much to cover here. I feel for folk that are diving into this rather deep area.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?