Samsung forum

Question

Galaxy Note 2 64g internal storage?

by JulioNicoletti / October 31, 2012 6:27 AM PDT

I could have sworn I saw the 64g internal storage option for the Galaxy Note 2, but it seems like all the carriers (in canada) only have it in 16g. 16 is pretty useless and will fill up fast if I plan on installing games, not to mention I have 64g of music.

These are my two choices so far:
1.) Have an all-in-one media center that I can take with me anywhere by getting the note 2 (64g internal +64g sd card)

2.) Get an iPhone 16g 4s (its free), and have a separate media player.

So is there a 64gigabyte version available in Canada? And if there is, can I expand it with a 64gig sd card to 128gigs?

Thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Galaxy Note 2 64g internal storage?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Galaxy Note 2 64g internal storage?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Then this is not for you.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 31, 2012 6:44 AM PDT

The carriers select the models they want and the maker has little to say about it. I can explain why this is, but I'm sure you have heard it before.

Keep shopping?

Collapse -
64GB question
by GeneP1 / November 9, 2012 10:53 PM PST

If a 64GB NoteII is acquired, will it utilize all storage with a 16GB carrier?

Collapse -
Good question.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 10, 2012 1:09 AM PST
In reply to: 64GB question

If the folk that make and sell don't talk to you, keep shopping. There are so many gotcha's about bringing your own device to a carrier I can't possibly write it all down here. While it's a safe bet you'll get more storage some folk have exploded when some of the 64GB is used by the device and file system overhead. Not sure how much computer background you have to understand that issue.
Bob

Collapse -
Additional questions
by GeneP1 / November 10, 2012 4:01 AM PST
In reply to: Good question.

I know a fair amount about technology, including computers. I will have more storage capacity occupied by video and pictures than apps. I take it I am not apt to get a straight answer from an ordinary sales person at a vendors? I have read how one can root a system and cause the microchip to be seen as 'internal storage.' That sounds like it might be a swap and the bona-fide internal storage becomes seen as 'add on?"

Gene

Collapse -
When it comes to rooting and other OS images
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 10, 2012 4:58 AM PST
In reply to: Additional questions

I can't discuss that. It's a tar pit of issues, problems and no one I know finds support for that. Even those that create such are often writing "use at your own risk."
Bob

Collapse -
Follow-up question
by GeneP1 / November 10, 2012 7:15 AM PST

Earlier you indicated some systems with 64GB internal storage enabled by 16GB carrier tend to 'blow up.' Do any work correctly?

Collapse -
I meant the user/owner blows up.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 10, 2012 7:26 AM PST
In reply to: Follow-up question

The most recent occurrence was the owner found ICS to install and the e-reader app is now failing. And a hard fail too. My advice was to go back since it looks to be an out of band release, or not from the carrier. They are unlikely to find either maker or carrier to fix this since it's not a release either put out for them.

This has also lead me to advise folk to avoid tablets when the tablet is running an older version and they HOPE for an update. Some think I'm nuts but folk bring me their troubles so this is why I offer such advice.

Hope this clears up a few things.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.