Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

FYI, Some problems with SP2

Win XP Pro, P4 2.8ghz, 512 mb ddr, Soyo/Intel 845pe Mobo.

I decided to try SP2 after reading in one of David Chan's posts, that he had successfully installed and uninstalled SP2, without losing SP1.
Thank You, David, for the info.

After installation of SP2, I get this message when attempting to open Goldwave v.5.5 Audio Editing program. When I attempt to update to the latest v.5.8, I get the same message.
"Driver component sizes mis-match", with the options to retry or cancel. Of course the retry has no effect. The program worked flawlessly before the install of SP2.

Also, with Nero v.6, I get a message that there are known conflicts, and that I should contact Nero for a fix. Again, I dowloaded the latest v. of Nero and installed, but with no improvement.

If anyone has experienced similar difficulties, I would appreciate hearing about it, and any possible solutions.
Of course I know of one fix, thanks to David's post.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: FYI, Some problems with SP2
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: FYI, Some problems with SP2
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
WAG, Try this...

In reply to: FYI, Some problems with SP2

Glad you read my post on uninstalling SP2.

This is just a guess but how about ininstalling Goldwave v.5.5 and then install SP2 followed by Goldwave v.5.8?

In the long run SP2 is essential to protect your XP/PC...

My Nero 6 seems happy with SP2!

Collapse -
Re: WAG, Try this...

In reply to: WAG, Try this...

Thanks for the WAG David.
I uninstalled Goldwave, then SP2.
The re-install SP2, then Goldwave.
No Joy.
I thought that I would hear from others on some issues with SP2, but I guess I'm alone on this one.
Looks as if I'll survive without it for a while longer.
Thanks again.

Collapse -
Silly question?

In reply to: WAG, Try this...

David please tell me what WAG means.

I installed SP2 from the C.D. today, all is well.

Ann

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) WAG is "Wild A** Guess" and JAG is "Just A Guess"

In reply to: Silly question?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thanks Larry!!!!

In reply to: (NT) WAG is "Wild A** Guess" and JAG is "Just A Guess"

Collapse -
To get rid of the XP SP2 message related to Nero 6 ?

In reply to: FYI, Some problems with SP2

Click this Major Nero 6 Update Including PowerPack page and download Update-Package 1.

Launch the downloaded exe file. It'll extract and install over itself and Nero will update to 6.3.1.20 version. That warning screen during Nero launching will vanish.

Good Luck,

Cetin

Trying to unweave, unwind, unravel
And piece together the past and the future,

T. S. Eliot

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.