General discussion

Future Users access to Applications.

I am setting up a system [XP w SP2] for a Granddaughter [sixth grade]. She is currently the only user, and has full administrator privileges [made the hidden administrator account with password and parents only one with the password in order to still have parental "control"]. It's a Birthday gift, so initially it would seem nice to have her be the only user.

I am going to install Office Professional on it today or tomorrow:

1. I assume that she will likely "allow" her sister and parents to become users. When that happens will they have access to Office Pro in their accounts automatically??? OR [depending on this answer]

2. If I added the other users now, is there anything that I have to do to have Office Pro available for all users?

I'm in PA she's in OR.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Future Users access to Applications.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Future Users access to Applications.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
When I installed Office Pro 2003

I got a message about allowing it to be used by only me or anyone using this computer. I picked anyone using this computer even though I am the only user.

- Collapse -
The Wonderful World of All Users

Right click the start menu, and select "Open All Users". This will get you to a special universal start menu listing. Anything you place here, will show up on ALL users' start menus; present AND future alike.

So, if for some reason a program doesn't show up in a new users' start menu, just move it from one user's profile to All Users.

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thank YOU glb 613, also thank YOU YEW. LOL

CNET Forums

Forum Info