Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Funny, I don't remember anything about board fights

by Ziks511 / July 3, 2011 1:50 PM PDT

in the new Testament.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/california-megachurch-crystal-cathedral-votes-founder-schuller-off-022050095.html

"GARDEN GROVE, Calif. - The Rev. Robert H. Schuller has been voted off the board of Crystal Cathedral Ministries, the church he founded more than 50 years ago, the pioneering televangelist's son said Sunday.Schuller wanted to enlarge the ministry's board of directors but members voted him off instead, said Robert A. Schuller, who was his father's designated successor but himself was ousted from the church by family members in 2008."

"Robert H. Schuller has been at odds about the church's direction with his two daughters, including Sheila Schuller Coleman, who has served as senior pastor since 2008. The church has seen a host of problems since then, including succession fights, dwindling attendance and most recently bankruptcy brought on by massive debts.

"The church has submitted a plan in which its campus and famous, glass-spired sanctuary will be sold to a real estate investment group for $47 million, then leased back to the church for services."

OOOPs.

Rob

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Funny, I don't remember anything about board fights
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Funny, I don't remember anything about board fights
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) It's a church in name only
by James Denison / July 3, 2011 2:15 PM PDT
Collapse -
It's a business and not a church
by Steven Haninger / July 3, 2011 8:04 PM PDT

About the only think one could hope is that it will cause a few to stay in touch with the teachings of Jesus and eventually notice that they are being flim-flammed....something Jesus would not do.

Collapse -
All the huge churches are businesses more than places of
by Ziks511 / July 4, 2011 2:31 AM PDT

worship, that includes the RC Church. Why do you think one of their financial people ended up hanging from London Bridge.

Interestingly the Main Line Churches suffering from low turnouts, are now being supported from Head Office, but continue to offer as many services as they can.

Rob

Collapse -
Tell me;
by James Denison / July 4, 2011 2:41 AM PDT

Since you imply you know;

"Why do you think one of their financial people ended up hanging from London Bridge"?

Collapse -
and you consider this comment
"Why do you think one of their financial people ended up hanging from London Bridge.

to be valid enough evidence to support that statement? I've not seen this incident in any recent news so presume you're speaking of some long ago event that may or may not have a reason to validate your claim....and certainly not in the world today. There are people remain under the influence of hatred for events that happened long before they were born and could have any real understanding of why they occurred. What poisoned them is something I don't know but wish we'd find a cure for.
Collapse -
Is this it?
Collapse -
Yep, Calvi.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / July 4, 2011 5:36 AM PDT
In reply to: Is this it?

Suspicions of Mafia involvement with the Vatican at that time, but nothing much ever came of it. The suspicion here was that the Vatican suppressed any investigation, but that was only allegations, nothing proved.

And as we know, the Mafia does "business"! Wink

Mark

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.