General discussion

full HD video camera to HD ready tv connection issues??

hi all,

I recently purchased a full HD video camera.(Sony HDRXR100E AVCHD HDD Handycam, 80GB)

I tried to connect it to my HD ready tv (Panasonic TH-42PX80B) as per the instructions using hdmi mini cable. Result is a frozen green, pixelated screen.

Hoping someone out there can tell me what I am doing wrong. I changed the output settings on the camera and tried all 3 hdmi inputs on the tv, same result. Advice would be appreciaited. Thanks a lot.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: full HD video camera to HD ready tv connection issues??
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: full HD video camera to HD ready tv connection issues??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
One thought...

With the camera off, hook your camera to the TV's HDMI input and select the correct input from your TV menu. Then turn On your camera. Sometimes the two devices need to "handshake" which is basically them communicating. If you connect your camera when it's already on, it may not be sending the signal to the TV for it to communicate.

Other than that, just make sure you have the camcorder set to Playback mode.

- Collapse -
Problem solved.....by more $$$$

Thanks for the tip Dan. Turns out the problem was the cheap generic hdmi cable. Went back to shop and tried another the same and got the same result. Then purchased a panasonic one for twice the price and hey presto it worked fine. What a rip, having to buy a branded cable to match the tv. Not impressed, but also not surprised. So much for all cables being created equal.....

CNET Forums

Forum Info