General discussion

Fujitsu or Sony

I'm trying to buy a new laptop but get lost right now. I'm a college student. Want to have a laptop that's easy to carry around also would be able to play computer game with it. I'm really looking into Fujitsu's S serious and the new N3510. Also, as a girl I really like sony's outlooking. I don't know which one to choose now.
I also want to know something about the service offered from each of the company's above.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Fujitsu or Sony
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Fujitsu or Sony
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Fujitsu Lifebook over Sony Vaio

It's better to get any notebook PC from Fujitsu than from Sony.
Fujitsu's services are much better, consistent and reliable and the accessaries such as batteries, etc. are much reasonably priced.

- Collapse -
Don't do it, you'll be sorry

Ruppina, take my word for it, BOTH of those vendors are worthless. Fujitsu has a long standing record of inferior quality and HORRID service, while Sony expects you to pay an arm and a leg for a piece of junk that is WAY overpriced. Yes it looks cool, but please don't fall into that trap. Looks can be deceiving ESPECIALLY when dealing with a laptop or desktop. If it looks cool, chances are it's over hyped second rate technology at a premium cost.

That said, do I recommend any one particular vendor, no. I have had good luck with Dells and HP, though of the two, Dell is the true champion, namely because thier tech support is out of this world. Gateway should NEVER be considered, as they are well on thier way out, and you can forget Toshiba.

I have been an IT engineer for 12 years now and I have seen em come and seen em go. Please trust me on this, go with Dell Or HP. You won't be sorry.

Good Luck.

CNET Forums

Forum Info