Cameras forum

General discussion

Fuji Finepix s5200

by archer_310 / June 23, 2009 1:27 PM PDT

My camera has recently started to have me press OK after taking every picture in order to let the camera take another picture. I cannot seem to find a way to turn this option off. Does anyone know how I can do this?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Fuji Finepix s5200
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Fuji Finepix s5200
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Fujifilm S5200
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / June 23, 2009 11:20 PM PDT
In reply to: Fuji Finepix s5200

I do not know of any option that will cause you to press the OK button after each picture.

There are so many settings on a digital camera, I could not even guess what has caused this.

But this should work:

All digital cameras have a "Reset" feature that resets all the options back to factory specifications.
That should reset any strange setting you may have accidentally activated.

Go to page 90 of the Owner's Manual.
This is the setup menu instructions.
The "Reset" instruction is on page 4 of the Setup Menu.
Look at page 92 and notice that "Reset" is show at the bottom of the page.
That is what you want to activate to reset the camera back to factory specifications.

Collapse -
Fujifilm S5200
by archer_310 / June 24, 2009 6:03 AM PDT
In reply to: Fujifilm S5200

Thanks, I did see that in the manual. I got a solution actually from Fuji. Didn't think they'd respond that fast. Thanks for your input.

Collapse -
Re: Fujifilm S5200
by Tufenuf / June 24, 2009 12:09 PM PDT
In reply to: Fujifilm S5200

archer_310, I'm curious as to what the solution was from Fuji? My daughter has the same camera.

Tufenuf

Collapse -
Re: Fujifilm S5200
by archer_310 / June 24, 2009 12:29 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: Fujifilm S5200

In the camera 'menu' then 'setup' go to 'image display' and set it to '1.5 sec' or '2 sec'. This will resolve this problem.

Simple fix, but when you're looking for it, it doesn't stand out.

Collapse -
(NT) archer_310 , Thanks for the feedback.
by Tufenuf / June 24, 2009 11:12 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: Fujifilm S5200
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?