Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

FTP site unavailable. . .

by Coryphaeus / July 3, 2004 11:20 AM PDT

IBM NetVista
128 Meg RAM
W98SE - all updates
IE6 - all updates

After removing my failing and flaky 10 Gig HD and replacing it with a new 40 Gig HD, I cannot open my web site via ftp. I get the infamous "Page cannot be displayed" screen. I have been in Tools, Internet Options, "Enable folder view for FTP sites" and it is checked. It was working on the old drive, but not now.

I have the security and privacy settings set exactly like my main machine running XP Home. All the settings appear to be the same as I can access the site from my XP machine.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Wayne

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: FTP site unavailable. . .
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: FTP site unavailable. . .
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!