Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Frustrating happening

by tripleb / November 30, 2004 12:11 PM PST

I am continually getting the message " "Object Moved" This document may be found here"". I can click and get to the item, or go back a time or 2 and keep clicking on my link and finally make the connection. Any suggestions as to how to stop this?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Frustrating happening
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Frustrating happening
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Frustrating happening
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / November 30, 2004 5:54 PM PST
In reply to: Frustrating happening

I'm sorry but I have absolutely no idea what your problem is.

Please see the Tip above the subject title where you post messages. It says;

"If you are asking for help to troubleshoot a computer-related problem, please be sure to include all the necessary information (ie: operating system, model number, hardware, software, etc) that will help others identify your problem for a speedy resolution."

So, what is the necessary information in your case?

What "Object" are you talking about?
What document is the message talking about?
Go back where?
What link are you clicking?
What connection?
What software are you using when all this happens?
What are you attempting to do?

I'm not being funny, but your post gives so little information we cannot even begin to understand what the problem is, let alone try and help you.

Mark

Collapse -
by tripleb / December 2, 2004 2:28 AM PST

Sorry. I realize now I didn't give enough info. This happens when I'm browsing the internet. I can click on any link, i.e., this morning it was the broadband highlights in msn, but it could be anything I click on while searching - a news item, even trying to link to this site - anything during a search or when I click on a link. The msg "Object Moved, document may be found here" (word here underscored) is what I see instead. The rest of the page is blank, and this msg is seen in the upper lt hand corner of my screen. I can click on the underscored word "here", and sometimes it takes me where I want to go, and sometimes it takes me to something I previously viewed. It is happening more frequently. It does not happen when I'm emailing, only when browsing the net. The "object" is simply whatever link I'm attempting to reach, the word "document" is not my word, but what pops up as a result of my efforts to reach whatever site I've clicked on. What else might I tell you to help?

Collapse -
If I was the suspicious type... I'd write it was Spyware.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 2, 2004 2:35 AM PST

There are spyware invasions that redirect the web browser to another site and produce either that message, another or known.

Did you try this in Firefox?

Do you keep Spyware off the machine?

Bob

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 30, 2004 8:15 PM PST
In reply to: Frustrating happening

I can't guess this one. But there was a discussion with "object moved" in it and along the way, spyware was the cause. But no one can tell yet with just what you've written.

Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?