General discussion

frustrating!

I have just bought a pre-paid stick from optus because we were connecting through wi-fi and it wouldnt let me install AVG, now that i have this prepaid it still says it cannot connect. (AVG that is) I browsed through questions on this site and found the question i needed to help me install AVG but when i click on the link to download the programme the page wont show as dont many other AVG links i click on. I have the error code 0xE001003D, i know there is nothig wrong with the link so why are my pages not loading. I dont have a problem with other web pages? My OS is XP.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: frustrating!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: frustrating!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Just a thought.

While I can use AVG, Avira, the AV from google or other I don't limit myself to just one or the other. You might want to consider the alternatives.

But let's say you are stuck on AVG. You could try the CNET AVG Forum where they supply the link for the FULL DOWNLOAD that does not require an internet connection. That is, you go to some free wifi spot, grab the file and take it home to the machine that won't get to the AVG and install it there.

There are far too many reasons for your machine's failures. From OPTUS to an expired old antivirus to other. There's nothing in your post to start in any direction so I'll leave it at how I can get AVG onto a machine that can't get it on its own.
Bob

- Collapse -
thank you.....but?

ok i knew i would successfully confuse anybody who read my post lol. ok i'll try again. I managed to up-load AVG to my comp but when i try to install it i get that error that i posted above, its says it cannot connect and wants a server #/id. so then i cancel it and the error above is displayed. That said i thought i would try a different anti-virus programme so tried ESET online to see if that would help. That page would not display either. It seems that the pages that have the actual anti-virus down-loads on them wont disply but the forum pages are fine and most other pages i visit on the net have been fine also. I also un-installed an out of date Mcafee that was on here so i know that shouldn't be blocking it. I will try the option u stated above and come back and up-date. thanks for that. wish me luck lol

- Collapse -
I read it again.

The full install would not try to connect. It appears you have the WEB INSTALLER version.

Now try the full installer. It's been noted in the Cnet AVG Forum many times.
Bob

- Collapse -
Link wont work

thanks for that, i had initially gone to the AVG forum first and saw that somebody else had the same error message as me, they advised to up-load the full installer so i figured thats what it was i needed too. my other problem is the page wont load.its like something is blocking me from any pages that have anti-virus links on the page. Or i get to a site that i can view and the minute i click on a link to download an AV the page next wont work. Hence the reason my first post is titled Frustrated lol

- Collapse -
Which sounds like

It sounds like you are trying to download on the afflicted machines. The method I use is to go to some wifi hotspot to grab the full installer and then put that on a stick or CD to install on the afflicted machine.

Grif has some ideas about this at:
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6121_102-378815.html

Bob

- Collapse -
ok thank you

ok thank you i will do that. that was going to be my next question actually if i could grab it on a disk or something. I'll let you know how i get on, and once again thanks Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info