General discussion

Frustrated with new Samsung stove!

We purchased a smooth top, convection Samsung range , with delivery on March 22 - nothing but problems with the oven. We even had a tech her and he thought he had adjusted it. Well, it takes about 35-45 minutes to preheat, if I change a pan of cookies, it drops between 25 to 50 degrees and it takes 10 to 15 minutes, or more, to get to temps again. All this was not explained when we got the stove, nor is it in the documentation. I am at a loss as what to do since it cost us a lot of money, and now, since we have been trying to work with the store, it is over 30days. I contacted Samsung, and got told to check the page in the manual to adjust the temp (which was out by 15 degrees by the way), which had already been done. I am so frustrated and I needed to vent. Any help would be appreciated.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Frustrated with new Samsung stove!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Frustrated with new Samsung stove!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -

DJoanMoore,

I'll be happy to look into this.

What's the model number?

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Frustrated too

We are having exactly the same problem. Bought the stove August 1 and have already had technicians out - they replaced the thermostat and the board and it is still not holding its heat. Takes almost an hour to heat up - I put a batch of bread in - 20 minutes later I check and the temperature has dropped. The only way to bake anything is to keep turning it off and re-starting it. It says it is 350 but it is not - starts heating up from 200 - my bread, butter tarts, cakes, cookies are all a disaster.
I want to return this stove and buy a different brand - never a Samsung again. A technician who used to work for Sears said it was probably a thermal valve, but I am told that is only on gas stoves.

- Collapse -
DJoanMoore

My model number is NE59J7630. I baked bread two days ago and half way through the temperature had dropped from 350 to 225 even though the reading on the panel was 350. The repairman was here again today and with his machine plugged in it stayed at the proper temperature. There was no food in the oven while he tested it. I am tired of wasting food and electricity so am afraid to try to bake anything else. I had to throw out a lemon loaf which became a deep brown on top with the middle still raw after 45 minutes. The pizza burned on the edges and wouldn't cook through. I bought this stove on August 1 2018. This is Jan. 22 2019 - the stove is a lemon. I am going to try to get Rona to take it back and I will buy a different brand. Never a Samsung again.

- Collapse -
Agreed

Same issue with mine. Should be a recall or class action suit.

- Collapse -
NEVER BUY A SAMSUNG INDUCTION RANGE

We have had ours for about 2 years, the oven has never worked correctly. The oven comes up to 350 so it says, you put food in and wait a few minuets, turn it off and re-set at 350 and it will display a temp of about 280. After re-setting it sometimes will go to 350 and stay, but most of the time it is all over the board. I have read several complains about this, and of course nothing being done about it, just keep selling defective ranges.... I agree they need a recall, or face a class action lawsuit!

- Collapse -
Dont buy Samsung products

I just make mention to everyone I know and meet - how my stove is - I then tell them search online and you will see how many people have issues with the oven. Then take a look at their Washers - and see how they had to recall those things because they were falling apart - take a look at what has been returned to the stores . If it fails with in the first 30 days return it - don't waste time with an unresponsive manufacturer - if the item is returned - it is a NON SALE for them .. they will make time to resolve issues in 30 days if they are not selling product because of it . They drag their feet perhaps they know after 30 days it is yours..

- Collapse -
Dina

Bought a Samsung Electric Range also bought an extended Protection with Lowe's they refuse to return it Samsung won't do anything either
Model # NE59M4310SS
I used the self cleaning and two days later I went to cook in the oven putting a pan with alittle water some of the water spilled and the enamel bubbled up and smoked up. What is the point to buy extended Protection with Lowe's! I may call channel 8 reporter

- Collapse -
Bread baking problems with Samsung

It sounds like an electronic problem. I dont know the models involved here, but one is talking about an induction stove. I bought a Samsung slide in electric range and convection oven with glass ceramic cooktop. It has a proofing feature which works fine. I make italian bread at higher temps than most bakers. 425 for 30 min. I don't know how fast it preheat, but I'm not having trouble keeping constant temp.

- Collapse -
oven temperature

I seem to have the same problem with my new samsung range FER700WX. Set oven to 350, signal beeps ready but temp is only 275. It takes 22 minutes to finally reach 350. I did the same adjustment (off by 15 degrees also). This is my second stove. First one was replaced, same problem, technician came said needed new sensor and board so I opted for a replacement. Not happy with this stove.

What is the problem? Is this normal?

- Collapse -
(NT) oven temperature - did you get it fixed
- Collapse -
Take it back and exchange for a different brand

Don't waste your time with the manufacturer samsung - stalling before you figure out this is junk will only make it hard for you to return - your out of money and samsung pockets.

I have one I could not take mine back - I had to repair mine , it still is questionable baking , I will not buy another samsung appliance of any sort .

- Collapse -

Well, it is three years later and I see no change in Samsung's product.
I have purchased a Samsung some similar to DJoanMoore. Product #FTQ387LWGX
That oven would not reach temperature and if it did, it would not keep the temperature.
I had a tech come and "repair" it. He told me my cooking was "old fashioned" and that I was not using the oven "correctly". I complained to Lowe's and said I was not happy with this product. Graciously, they swapped out this stove for another Samsung.
Now I have a Samsung #NE597ROABSR. Guess, what? It is the same. It takes an hour to get to temperature. Don't open the door! It will drop 25 degrees in a flash....and then take forever to come to temperature. Meanwhile my bread has flopped, my cake has not risen, and my baking is a disaster.
Can not Samsung do better than this?

Help is warranted. The oven is terrible for the price that is paid for the product. I regret this purchase. I would NOT recommend this product to anyone.

I'd like Samsung to explain how they can make such a faulty product?

Marian Peterson
tpeters3@maine.rr.com

- Collapse -
Samsung sucks!!

We have the exact same problem, paid a lot of money for this stove and it went out right after the warrenty expired. Now it will not heat at all.

- Collapse -
Same freaking problem here

Samsung NE595ROABSR range

Sent the first one back. Got another one, temperature is way off. Shows anywhere from 15 - 40 degrees F off. When I set the oven higher to compensate, it goes to the temp I want, but then continues to get hotter and hotter. Adjusting the thermostat DOES not help.

Samsung sucks! Had problems with their washer/dryer and fridge as well.

Bought a Samsung TV and the HD is horrible, why do they call it a Smart TV?

Our house is full of Samsung - horrible, horrible products.

Why ARE THEY NOT FIXING THE RANGE???

- Collapse -
Re: Same freaking problem here
- Collapse -
I doubt service can help me

I unplugged the range for 60 seconds and kept my fingers crossed. No change.

I've been through service already. I doubt they can do anything. They said they would change the thermostat and main board but I have not heard back from them and I doubt it will change anything. This is the second oven in 2 weeks with the same problem.

It seems the convection oven temp is accurate with all 4 of my oven thermometers. The regular bake option (no convection) is not accurate, it registers off by 20-40 degrees.

Does anyone know if this is a design issue? My baked goods are not rising and a turkey roast was overcooked and dry. The oven is either way too cool or way too hot. It seems to have a mind of its own Sad

- Collapse -
Re: I doubt service can help me

Hi greentea64,

I am sorry to hear this. If you have a transaction number I would be glad to look into this and see if there is anything I can do for you.

Regards,
HD Tech

- Collapse -
@HD Tech

Thank you but I am uncomfortable posting my transaction number on a public forum. Is there any other way to provide it to you?

- Collapse -
Re: @HD Tech

Hi greentea64,

The transaction number can only be accessed by Samsung employees. If you would like to contact me directly please send your name, product information, and a description of your issue to qasupport@sea.samsung.com.

Regards,
HD Tech

- Collapse -
@HD Tech

Thank you for providing an email address. Do you help customers in Canada if they have exhausted all other options? I know this is a U.S. forum.

- Collapse -
Re: @HD Tech

Hi greentea64,

Unfortunately I cannot assist any non US model products. If this is a Canadian model range that you have, I would be glad to forward your information to our Canadian support.

Regards,
HD Tech

- Collapse -
@HD Tech

Thanks but I'm corresponding with the Office of the President now.

- Collapse -
Frustrated too also a reply to DJoanMoore Model no NE59J763

I am also in Canada. Please forward the Canadian support address to me.

The technician was here three days ago, set up his temperature probe and stayed for over an hour. As there was no food in the oven and the door was not opened, it stayed hot - went up to 400 and then down to 350. He said it is because the stove is energy-efficient that it loses all its heat if the door is opened. That is not energy efficient - it is using mega energy when I try to bake. I can't put bread in the oven without opening the door. Duh!! The only way I can get it to get back up to temp is to turn it off and re-set it. It immediately goes down to 225 before it starts heating up again. This results in a poorly baked product. I hate this stove and want to return it. Please tell me how to reach the President of Samsung so I can tell my problem to him/her. thanks.

- Collapse -
Model NX58h5600ss

I have the same issue i bought this range and shipped it to the Caribbean, from the moment i set it up I've had issues. I called samsung who refuse to help because it was shipped out of the US.
The oven takes hours to heat up to 200F. when set at 350. I replaced sensor boards and ignition still does not work. Now today the burners on top are lighting and slowly lowering until they go out! I spent so much on this unit!! And Samsung refuse to stick by their product and help!!

Overpriced to begin, shipping cost, duty and service repairs!!
So frustrated.

- Collapse -
Caught My cabinets off gassing!!!! Thank god

I'm so angry right now! where is the recall!! I could've lost my family and house due to your companies lack of responsiveness!! Samsung is obviously aware of this issue!
I'm a firefighter; and when i say off gassing!! meaning my cabinets where mins anyway from catching fire because of the radiating heat from your POS stoves..

- Collapse -
distance?

How much distance between oven sidewalls and the sides of the cabinets? There are minimum standoff distances required. The most dangerous is the self cleaning cycle. We never use that on our stove.

- Collapse -
Think about it - you can touch the oven door ..

You never use the self cleaning - that is good or your Samsung oven will break. The bearings in the circulation fans will go bad as the lubricant in the bearings will dry out.

Think about it - you can touch the oven door with out getting burned!
Any stove should be self contained and should not have that much heat on the outer stove cabinet to cause a potential fire hazard. You can touch the sides of any oven or should be able to.
The temperature for wood to reach burning is between roughly 300 and 600 degrees .
Your outer stove cabinet should never get anywhere near that temperature!!!

- Collapse -
Samsung does not belong in Appliance business.

Samsung is junk and does not belong in the appliance business. I bought the whole kitchen with deep regrets and tell everyone to stay away from Samsung products except phones. The dishwasher doesn't clean and takes forever to run a load, the refrigerator shelves jam and ice maker constantly jammed and broke the plastic and the whole unit needs to be replaced. The oven as stated by others doesn't hold temperature and ridiculously slow. The burner controls are terrible, too hot or almost off. The fact that this has gone on for years makes it worse and I have a low opinion of the company engineering.

CNET Forums

Forum Info