The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Frustrated over high cost of Omnia data plan

by Transparency / March 5, 2009 2:23 PM PST

I have never owned a smart phone. I have a HP PDA, Sansa MP3 Player and a pretty much standard camera phone, 3.2mp.

I have a 700 minute plan and my daughter uses the high end text plan. I have never gone over half of my minutes.

My new every two came up at Verizon this week and I looked around and found that the Omnia was a perfect device for my OFFLINE needs. I don't call much, I don't text much, I don't need mobile web or email.

When I saw that I could get the Omnia for free online, I thought that this would be a great "phone" that had Windows Mobile, MP3, and 5mp camera. When I got to the last page of buying the phone, I found that I would have to pay a minimum of $720 over a two year period for that free phone.

From listening to podcasts and reading forums, I think that I am a minority of 1 that really thinks the charges are too much. I have since found out that the requirement for the data is Samsung's (so says a Verizon tech support).

Is there anyone out there that has some strong feelings about this? If so, please write forums and call Verizon.

I am not a sophisticated user but I do like new shiny gadgets. I would really love this phone and I am willing to change providers.

BUT

The Omnia is the only phone that has all the plusses I want and no minuses (except for that deal breaker).

Please, someone help me find a way to the great phone I want. From listening to the podcasts, I do know that I am minority in the fact that I love Windows Mobile. I use Windows and Office and my PDA syncs to any one of them by just putting it into its cradle.

Thanks for reading my rant. Again, if you agree, please let others know and write to your provider to say that we can't keep paying these high prices in these troubled times (drink).

If you think I am way off base, please tell me and tell me why.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Frustrated over high cost of Omnia data plan
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Frustrated over high cost of Omnia data plan
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
im confused...
by robstak / March 11, 2009 1:23 AM PDT

what exactly is it about the omnia that is so much better than other verizon offerings if you do not use the data plan...?

I've used it in the store before, and while it's pretty its windows mobile... and windows mobile is essentially same across all phones with the exception of a pretty face-lift...

So I am curious as to what the difference is (i dont own the omnia so i havent looked tooo tooo in depth at it).

What I would suggest is returning it for a different winmo phone. i hafve the vx6900 and love it. and there's always programs to download if a phone doesnt come with what you want, so be that the case let me know and ill point you in the right direction...

-dr. karl

Collapse -
You are RIGHT ON!!
by paulj1x / March 12, 2009 5:58 AM PDT

I recently went thought the exact same thing and agree 100%.
The tech support you talked to, as usual, is dead wrong. Verizon announced that all PDA and Smartphones introduced after I think November 15, 2008, will require a data plan. I have been complaining to Verizon about this and haven't been very polite, especially if they try to BS me with stuff like you got.
Verizon does still offer one WM phone without the data plan, the i760 I think, which was introduced before this nonsense started.
You could also go to Sprint and get an HTC phone. While I really like the Omnia, I would rather have an HTC without the data plan. If enough people move to Sprint maybe Verizon will rethink this.

Paul the bitpusher in San Diego

Collapse -
I am now a T-Mobile customer
by Transparency / March 12, 2009 8:57 AM PDT
In reply to: You are RIGHT ON!!

I liked the Omnia quite a bit. I called and wrote to anyone who would listen, including Samsung and the complaint department of Verizon.

I then shopped around and "settled" for a Memoir at T-Mobile.

Still a Samsung phone and no Windows, but it is a nice phone with a 8mp camera with xenon flash. The plan is the same price as I have been paying but I now have unlimited messages for the whole family.

So, come on over to T-Mobile.

Stuart, also in San Diego.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.