Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Frustated...too many choices

by chifalls / May 24, 2006 8:26 AM PDT

My possible choices for my new MP3 player are: Ipod 30GB, Creative Zen Micro photo 8GB, Toshiba Gigabeat S 30GB (is it out yet?), or Creative Zen VisionM 30 GB and MAYBE the Ipod nano...

Well I will mostly be using this MP3 player while in the car, and the ipod has attracted me but the problem with the non replaceable battery really gets to me. (does the ipod have a car recharger accessory?)
Also, i have about $300 saved up at the moment and i was thinking of buying a PS3, although i have an xbox 360 already. So what do you guys think i should do?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Frustated...too many choices
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Frustated...too many choices
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
another thing..
by chifalls / May 24, 2006 8:28 AM PDT

May i also add that I will NOT be downloading anything from Itunes. Can I still transfer music from Limewire to an Ipod?

Collapse -
Sounds like you're leaning towards the iPod
by daveworld / May 25, 2006 12:50 PM PDT

If so then you will love it, take it from someone who bought the 3G, Mini, iPod Nano and 5G (Video). So ok I may be a little bias, but there's a reason I keep buying the thing. It does what it?s supposed to do without the fuss, and syncs well with iTunes.

As for as the internal battery, my 3G lasted 3 1/2 years of heavy use before it died. You can find replaceable batteries for as low as $25 dollars online and DIY if you wish: http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10165_7-5643378-1.html

You will have no problems finding accessories for the iPod (like car chargers). I used the iPod in my car everyday with a Belkin car charger, that charges your iPod as you play your music/podcast etc.

You don't have to BUY songs from the iTunes store to use iTunes. iTunes is a (great) music management software that happens to have a music store, so Limewire or any P2P won't be a problem. All mainly have MP3.

Zen Vision: M would be my second choice if you do not want to go the Apple way.

Collapse -
by bobpenn / May 26, 2006 12:28 AM PDT

The players you named are all good. If you want to subscribe to music, get the Creative Zen Vision:M. If you don't care about subscriptions, get the iPod. They are both great players. The big plus of the Apple is the ability to fully use the iTunes store, still the best store out there.

Collapse -
Vision M
by Mindwerx / May 26, 2006 4:56 AM PDT
In reply to: iPod

I love the Vision M. There are plenty of FM transmitters that work with Vision Ms (Belkin, Monster Cable and DLO all make ones that work with any MP3 player). It's the only player out there that can hang with the video ipods. Many people say the Vision M actually beats the video pods, but I'm sure we all have our own opinions there Wink

I don't think you can go wrong either way - Vision M or video ipod. Good luck!

Collapse -
Nobody mentioned...
by chifalls / May 26, 2006 9:42 AM PDT

the Toshiba Gigabeat S, (is it out yet???) And the Playstation 3, im halfway there ($300)

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?