Question

FROSTWIRE for MacBook Pro

I've made attempts on both C-Net.com & Frostwire.com for Frostwire Downloads for Mac & I keep getting this ERROR MSG:
"FrostWire.app" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash.
...WHY?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: FROSTWIRE for MacBook Pro
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: FROSTWIRE for MacBook Pro
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Download works fine on my iMac,

much against my better judgement.

P

- Collapse -
In Reply to: Answer, " Download works fine on my iMac... ?

Can you clarify?
Respectfully... Vague Answer, " Download works fine on my iMac",
...How does your answer help me solve my issue?

- Collapse -
Download from both the sites you mentioned

works fine on my iMac running OS X 10.8.2

Downloads and installs without a problem

Perhaps a look at the Frostwire support page might help

P

- Collapse -
Thank You ! ...Just So You Note;

Thank You !
Just So You Note; ...I Already made attempts on both frostwire & cnet downloads as I mentioned on my original posting.

- Collapse -
Just so you note..

I don't see where you contacted Firefrost support

P

- Collapse -
Answer
it's a missleading error by Apple
- Collapse -
This has nothing to do with that function.

If that setting is turned on, then you will get a warning stating that the download "may not be safe" and that you can turn the warning off if you want to.
There is also a button which allows you to install the downloaded software anyway.

The message never tells you that the app is damaged or that it cannot be opened.

P

- Collapse -
Just a thought.

I've lost count of the machines or owners that use such apps and they install DOWNLOAD ACCELERATORS and the next thing you read is about corrupt downloads.

The OP never told if they did but I'll profile them. Yes, I will.
Bob

CNET Forums