Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

General discussion

Frontpage - help

by h2osports / March 20, 2004 7:06 AM PST

Can anyone tell me how to embed a seperate website into my own website? I want to keep people at my website but I have a search capability using a another company's funtions. If you go to www.teamhare.com you will see "Search MLS". If you click on it, it opens up in a new page, I want it to open up in my website. I'm lost. I had someone build this site and I am maintaining it but added this new feature and can't figure out how to make it happen.

Thanks so much for any advise.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Frontpage - help
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Frontpage - help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:Frontpage - help
by Sovereign Forum moderator / March 20, 2004 9:44 AM PST
In reply to: Frontpage - help

Mark the text you want to link to the search site. Click on insert hyperlink. Click on target frame and select which ever. If you want to open a new window it will open a new window, or in the same page select default. If you want it to change directly on your page without leaving the site, insert an iframe. Click on insert and select Inline Frame. Then point to the page. People can search and it will show up on your site.

Collapse -
Re:Re:Frontpage - help
by h2osports / March 21, 2004 1:12 PM PST
In reply to: Re:Frontpage - help

Thank you. I did figure that out, but can you tell me how to remove the boarder of the inline frame. I'd like it to look smooth. Right now I have a frame around the link with a scroll bar. How can I remove the frame and the scroll bar.

Collapse -
Re:Re:Re:Frontpage - help
by Sovereign Forum moderator / March 21, 2004 1:58 PM PST
In reply to: Re:Re:Frontpage - help

cLick on the frame on the very top left corner. when the frame is selected, right click and click on frame properties. select scroll bar to never and take the check out of border.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.