Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

Question

From Outlook 2007 OST to Outlook 2007 PST

by normanduncan1 / July 13, 2016 8:23 AM PDT

I need to convert an Outlook 2007 Professional .ost file to an Outlook 2007.pst format in order to move it onto my current computer. I no longer have access to the exchange server, and my contacts, as well as some necessary emails are in the .ost file.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: From Outlook 2007 OST to Outlook 2007 PST
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: From Outlook 2007 OST to Outlook 2007 PST
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Nope.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 13, 2016 8:34 AM PDT

As this is usually replied with spam conversions I have to declare this a link free discussion except for moderators.

Google your question topic and you find the usual but those that sell such never tell you unless they are honest that you do not get all that was on the Exhchange Server. There are spammers with conversion products that are not honest about this.

Beware those conversion products as not one can get what's not in the OST.

Collapse -
Answer
Convert OST to PST
by KumarSandep / April 14, 2017 5:11 AM PDT

You can convert OST file to PST by using the following method
Go to Outlook and create a new PST file
Outlook>>File>>Account Settings>>New
New PST file will be created. Now copy the data from OST and paste it to new PST file. Your OST (Offline Storage table) is moved to new PST where you want to use it.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.