Things the Republicans don't like to think about:
1. Joe gets up at 6:00am to prepare his morning coffee. He fills his pot
full of good clean drinking water because some liberal fought for minimum
water quality standards.
2. He takes his daily medication with his first swallow of coffee. His
medications are safe to take because some liberal fought to insure their
safety and work as advertised. All but $10.00 of his medications are paid
for by his employers medical plan because some liberal union workers
fought their employers for paid medical insurance, now Joe gets it too
because his employer needs to offer competitive benefits to hire the best
3. Joe prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs this day. Joe's
bacon is safe to eat because some liberal fought for laws to regulate the
meat packing industry.
4. Joe takes his morning shower reaching for his shampoo. His bottle is
properly labeled with every ingredient and the amount of its contents
because some liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on
his body and how much it contained.
5. Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he
breathes is clean because some tree-hugging liberal fought for laws to
stop industries from polluting our air.
6. Joe drives to work in one of the safest cars in the world because some
liberal fought to raise safety standards and emission controls.
7. Joe begins his workday; he has a good job with good pay, medical
benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some liberal
union members fought and died for these working standards. Joe's employer
pays these standards because Joe's employer doesn't want his employees to
call the union.
8. If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed he'll get a worker
compensation or unemployment check because some Liberal didn't think he
should lose his home because of his temporary misfortune.
9. Its noon; Joe needs to make a Bank Deposit so he can pay some bills.
Joe's deposit is federally-insured by the FSLIC up to $100,000 because
some liberal wanted to protect Joe's money from greedy, unscrupulous
bankers like the ones who ruined the banking system before the depression.
10. Joe needs to pay his Fannie Mae underwritten mortgage and his below
market federal student loan because some liberal decided that Joe and the
government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money
over his life-time.
Joe goes home from work. He plans to visit his father this evening at his
farm home in the country.
11. He arrives at his boyhood home. He was the third generation to live in
the house financed by the Farmers Home Administration because bankers didn't
want to make rural loans. The house didn't have electricity until some big
government liberal stuck his nose where it didn't belong and demanded
rural electrification (Those rural Republican's might still be sitting in
12. He is happy to see his dad, who is now retired. His dad lives on
Social Security and his union pension because some liberal made sure he
could take care of himself so Joe wouldn't have to.
After his visit with dad he gets back in his car for the ride home. He
turns on a radio talk show where the host keeps saying that liberals are
bad and conservatives are good even though his beloved Republicans have
fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day.
Joe agrees, "We don't need those big government liberals ruining our
lives; after all, I'm a self made man who believes everyone should take
care of themselves, just like I have".
-- Dave K.
click here to email email@example.com
The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!
Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys
Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.