General discussion

Freeview HD

HI,

I have a samsung 32" Series 6 TV (UE32C6510UKXXU). Until recently I managed to get all freeview channels, plus Freeview HD no problem.

However over the last few days I had had problems with the freeview HD channels. I get a lot of picture break up, green lines etc. I had a look on the self diagnostics menu at the signal, and although the strength is at 85-90, I am getting a lot of signal error (the bar above it), this goes to 2000 and then the signal breaks up.

However on normal freeview signals, the signal strength is simular but there is no errors.

I'm wondering if it could be the aerial as we had a lot of wind and rain on Sunday, but before I climb onto the roof to check I was wondering if it could be anything else?

I live in the north west by the way so get my signal from the Winter Hill transmitter.

Thanks,

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Freeview HD
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Freeview HD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I Bet this is happening on BBC 1 HD?

I live in sw england and have sky hd,but since the launch of bbc1 hd it breaks up and you get green lines etc etc ,this also is happening on other hd channels so as the signal from sky is strong anywhere it has to be the hd channels ,it is not your aerial.
Go here and have a read in the sky hd forum all about the degrading of picture quality on hd channels and read the bbc hd 1 thread.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=152

- Collapse -
All, but mainly BBC One HD

Its happening on all the Freeview HD channels, but yeah its worse on BBC One HD.

Can't view that forum from work but will look later, its funny because it was ok for the first couple of days but then suddenly got worse.

If its them then I hope they fix it soon!

- Collapse -
Anbody Else

If there is anybody else here with a Freeview HD TV it would really help if they could see if they are also having the issues that I am.

- Collapse -
Freeview break up

This sounds like interference. Make sure the aerial cable going into the TV is routed well clear of any others - especially any HDMI you may have.

CNET Forums

Forum Info