General discussion

Free software for restaurant

Hi, I've a restaurant and I'm looking for a free software to manage it.
The program should operate on Mac an be user friendly.

have you some idea?

Thanks
Uta89

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Free software for restaurant
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Free software for restaurant
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
None at all.

A restaurant might need accounting software, point of sale, menu creation, printing tools, calorie calculators and the list goes on. You may have to be specific about what you are looking for.
Bob

- Collapse -
I was resisting answering this, but

even though running a business is fraught with expenses, trying to do it for free is probably asking a lot.

You could probably run it with a calculator, Appleworks and a lot of luck but it would be hard work.

Decent accounting software is not free.

P

- Collapse -
QuickOrder, freerestaurant pos system

Hi Uta89,

I'm running a restaurant for several years and I used many software to manage it.
But if you're looking for a good program: easy, free and pretty nice.

I suggest you QuickOrder.

You can download it at:

http://www.supereasyfree.com

It's available for ubuntu linux, mac and supports the wireless printer.

Dot6

- Collapse -
To run a restaurant you should have a print application

To run a restaurant you probably should have a print application, which can offer you professionally-designed menue, invitation, brochure, flyer etc.I've been using ArcSoft Print Creations on my pc, it's easy-to-use and professional. Also, accounting software is necessary, but they're usually not cheap.

- Collapse -
i found this little gem which has been working perfectly

Its not free but its very affordable, advanced and reliable
Its a fully downloadable point of sale software for the Mac, designed specifically for restaurants and cafe's called BC Resto.

Heres the link to the article on the first page, hope it helps:

http://www.bcmonaco.com

- Collapse -
Let's hope the software is less buggy than

That web site you linked to !

- Collapse -
Hi again

Ive checked the website again and it is not 'buggy' at all. I dont give buggy links.

- Collapse -
(NT) So which one of the Musketeers are you?
- Collapse -
;)

Im not a musketeer... what a profound thing to ask?
Im odili the superhuman fishman!

- Collapse -
The buggy site link is
- Collapse -
Time on your hands

Ok...bob x

- Collapse -
Time on the company's heads.

My point is simple. If the company can't fix that simple issue you may want to remove them from your list.
Bob

- Collapse -
I

appreciate your concern bob

- Collapse -
BC Resto
- Collapse -
open source Point of Sale for Restaurant in Mac

Try Floreant POS (http://floreantpos.com). Its a Java based free Point of sale for restaurants. I have tested it in Macbook in Snow leopard operating system. Just for your convenience here I write the features you can find in Floreant POS

* Food server Touch screen activities : To Create, Edit, Merge, Split, Void, Reorder and Payout tickets. Can be used for sitting restaurants, drive through, carry out or home delivery. screenshot
* Manager facilities : To operate Drawer Pull, Drawer bleed, Credit card Tips payment & reports in Receipt printer. screenshot
* Kitchen Print : Route instructions to Kithen receipt printe. Track wastage and assign dedicated Kitchen printers for different terminals
* Backoffice : Provides Friendly interface for managing Food Menu, Special Packages, Beverates, Modifers, Cooking instruction. Faciliates Forced beverage by Guest count and can deal with Shift wise pricing and festival discounts.screenshot
* Cash terminals : Handles combination of payment types in Cash or different type of cards. Automatically calculate Discounts by percent and fixed amounts and accepts Giftcard and Coupon
* MIS Reports : Ships with standard set of financial reports including Sales summary and detail report, Hourly income report, Gratuity (Tips) report, drawer pull and Credit card reports. screenshot
* Robust technology : Client server POS powered by Java DB / Apache Derby, Java, Hibernate and JavaPOS API. Floreant POS has been tested on multiple terminals running in Mac 10.x

CNET Forums