The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Free Music

by AndyInTN / January 24, 2006 7:07 AM PST
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Free Music
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Free Music
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Podcasts...
by AndyInTN / January 24, 2006 7:10 AM PST
In reply to: Free Music

Tell him to subscribe to music podcasts that compile a show for people with the music of a specific genre.

Collapse -
PMN
by AndyInTN / January 25, 2006 3:45 AM PST

I should point out that the podshow music network is really for podsafe music so that podcasters can spin the artists music on their podcasts.

Podshow is working on a way for people to purchase music from the artists listed on the PMN. Adam Curry has said on his show that the PMN will also allow the artists to choose whether they want to charge for the music or not.

So that may not be a viable option for just anyone, I have not registered for an account there because I do not have a phone.

Collapse -
Free Music Feeds
by AndyInTN / January 25, 2006 3:48 AM PST

Here is an article that I found a while back on Lifehacker that shows how you can get free music via del.icio.us. The article shows how to do it with iTunes, however it works with Juice (iPodder) as well.

http://tinyurl.com/bep6y

Collapse -
Always forgetful...
by AndyInTN / January 25, 2006 3:50 AM PST
In reply to: Free Music Feeds

I was going to mention this in the previous post but I hit the submit button too fast...sorry..

If you do use the feeds from del.icio.us, be warned that your "catching" client will probably ALWAYS be downloading something.

Collapse -
Re: Free Music
by nvipsk144 / January 25, 2006 4:03 AM PST

Download.com also has some interesting free music downloads too!

Collapse -
I know...but...
by AndyInTN / January 25, 2006 8:37 AM PST
In reply to: Re: Free Music

You know, its really sad. But, I use download.com to get music, ALL THE TIME...and I totally forgot about it. I was using download.com years ago to get music. I love it!

The next time I add a list of music sites, I'll put download.com in there...it wasn't in my bookmarks folder yesterday (it is now!)

Collapse -
Bump
by AndyInTN / February 16, 2006 9:01 AM PST

I know, I stole that from Veronica...but, I just wanted to bump this back up in case anyone decides to solely listen to free, downloadable, legal music.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) some real good links there Andy, thanks!
by rosscbrown / February 16, 2006 9:10 AM PST
In reply to: Bump
Collapse -
No Problem
by AndyInTN / February 16, 2006 9:40 AM PST

There are so many more sites, too many to name. Check out del.ico.us or digg or just google it.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Can you narrow down to the one best service?
by scott_wilder / February 16, 2006 12:11 PM PST
Collapse -
Sure
by AndyInTN / February 16, 2006 12:31 PM PST

PureVolume
Simple, easy to use, if they let you download the track it just downloads to your computer for you.

Electromancer
Lots of choices, all music is downloadable, some is podsafe.

ArtistServer
Its OK, but I usually have to Google the artists name to find their music because some of the downloadable music is only 30 seconds long.

Collapse -
A couple more
by AndyInTN / February 18, 2006 1:27 PM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?