Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

free ipod music

Is there anyway get music on to an ipod except itunes?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: free ipod music
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: free ipod music
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Quite a few.

In reply to: free ipod music

I'd use google but ANAPOD comes to mind. There must be a few others too.

Bob

Collapse -
Pay monthly for Music

In reply to: Quite a few.

You know, there's many websites that allow you to play like $2-$5 per month and download as many songs as you like. Just search in google.

Collapse -
And those same sites

In reply to: Pay monthly for Music

will take away your music as soon as you stop paying the $2 - $5 per month.

Be careful where you go on the subscription sites

P

Collapse -
At that price...

In reply to: Pay monthly for Music

At that price it is most likely either illegal or a very limited selection containing mostly no-name and foreign artists. Most legitimate music services charge $10+ a month and protect the music using DRM, so when you stop paying the music stops playing.

John

Collapse -
(NT) John is right

In reply to: At that price...

Collapse -
Read the Article: The Last iPod Hardware and Software Guide

Collapse -
umm ya

no offense but you guys are all idiots itunes works perfectly for putting music on the ipod if your looking forsomewhere to download it for free use limewire it send it imidiately to itunes and on your ipod and it is 100% free www.limewire.com

Collapse -
Limewire

In reply to: umm ya

may be 100% free but it is also 100% illegal and 100% dangerous as a virus spreader.

Had you read all the posts you would have been able to participate in the thread in a meaningful manner. The question was not about iTunes but about something other than iTunes.

Thanks for the assessment of our collective sanity.

P

Collapse -
We do better than itunes

In reply to: umm ya

Why the name calling, you must really like itunes, which is FREE with out using P2P, Filesharing junk.
But even thouhg Itunes is okay,
We more advanced users use other WAY WAY better programs, to rip from cd's, burn, convert, play media adn so on and so forth.
WE don't want Itunes, for reasons you won't understand I suppose,
even though I sort of stated a few of them. Lets not forget the propietary format and locks and stuff.
So there's an idiot for ya.

Collapse -
!USE LIMEWIRE!

1st: Its free, and althought it might be illegal, who cares. Nothing happens! U can download limewire from this website or go to limewire.com

2nd: Yes it does have viruses, but only if u download program that ur not supposed to dowload {like games and programs that ur supposed to buy} All ur going to download is music so dont worry bout viruses because ur not getting them by dowloading music.

Collapse -
How do you know nothing happens?

In reply to: !USE LIMEWIRE!

I imagine the chances of getting sued are slim, but you never know when your number comes up. I suppose if you will never own anything or never bother getting a job, you have nothing to worry about. The RIAA can't take anything if you don't have anything. By the way, most courts will allow a creditor to take up to 25% of your after tax pay.

Collapse -
I meant to say US Courts

In reply to: How do you know nothing happens?

I wanted to clarify that. I'm not an attorney, just a friend of some unfortunate people who had their wages garnished to pay off debt.

Collapse -
No viruses?

The Limewire software is not illegal, and neither is using it. That's the same with any P2P, (Peer to Peer), software.

But obtaining copyrighted software like programs, films, music, is illegal. You do so at you own risk.

Don't believe me? Goto Google and type in P2P Prosecutions.

Apart from that, any file can hold a virus, whether it is application software, video, or mp3 or other music files.

Good luck.

Mark

Collapse -
Interesting twist of ethics there

"Yes it does have viruses, but only if u download program that ur not supposed to dowload {like games and programs that ur supposed to buy}"

It may come as a surprise to you but you are actually supposed to buy music as well as programs.

I understand that it may be a novel concept to you, having to pay for things, but it is certainly illegal to download music for which you do not hold the copyright.

Anyway, will you wave to the TV camera's right after you are found guilty. Thanks

P

Collapse -
Case rested

Who cares ? alot of us, I like to use them for things too but,
You say nothing happens and you don't get virii, which shows you don't know what you're talking about.
You do to get them in music also, Lol.
And what happens is prices go up for Cd's, DVDS, and so on.
and other B.S. like Copy protection, and even as far as putting
spyware and things in those CD'S so as soon as you put it in your
cd-rom you're infected and pass it on.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.