Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Fox News tells different story from CNN

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Fox News tells different story from CNN
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Fox News tells different story from CNN
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You expect facts from Fox? That's not their style.

In reply to: Fox News tells different story from CNN

They have an agenda and they stick to it, regardless of reality.

And as you point out, if they had the footage they'd have shown it. Remember Peter Arnett of CNN broadcasting from Baghdad during Gulf War 1? Now that was news, and that was reporting.

Fox isn't a serious contender in any area of news, it's just a mouthpiece run by Roger Ailes for whatever he wants said.

Despite his Republican Congress origins, I'm quite impressed by Joe Scarborough on MSNBC. He's matured into a pretty good broadcaster.

Rob

Collapse -
I remember Arnett...

In reply to: You expect facts from Fox? That's not their style.

I also remember the Operation Tailwind" story.

Collapse -
They have an agenda and they stick to it, regardless

In reply to: You expect facts from Fox? That's not their style.

They have an agenda and they stick to it, regardless of reality.

As do you. Do not allow Logic to interfere, or Reality might set in.
Collapse -
How would you prove or disprove that?

They brought the reporters to a place that might be targeted, no? What is "actual footage of reporters being used as human shields?"

She said she got the intelligence from British sources. Was that a lie? Any evidence she did not?

Collapse -
well, what is a human shield?

In reply to: How would you prove or disprove that?

One might assume that a "human shield" is innocent people being held at strategic locations in order to dissuade a military strike on that location.

"British fighter jets had seven missiles," Griffin told Fox News anchor Jon Scott Monday afternoon. "They were in fact going to be fired from tornado fighter planes onto that compound, but the mission had to be cut short because of the presence of CNN television crews and Reuters journalists on the ground who had been taken to the site."

From wagga-wakka (btw... love the handle) : What is "actual footage of reporters being used as human shields?"

"Fox News correspondent Steve Harrigan sent a security guard with a camera on the government-organized trip." The very trip that Griffin says CNN and Reuters Crews were being used as human shields also had Fox cameramen too. It is a darn shame that Fox editors and producers failed to use the footage they had... to back up Ms Griffins report. Pretty glaring mistake from the worlds' leading news source. I'll be looking forward to Ms Griffin using that footage in future rebuttals of CNN's slanderous claims of hypocrisy.

Collapse -
I think that it would be best...

In reply to: well, what is a human shield?

Collapse -
The video link "clarifying" the story is good.

In reply to: I think that it would be best...

Good to see they had a chance to explain things better... than the 2 live broadcasts covering the story earlier in the day.

Collapse -
Footage of what?

What would it show? A bunch of reporters standing around? No one is claiming they were tied up with duct tape.

Was a bombing mission cut short or not? That is the proof of the matter.

There's no slander here (from Fox anyway, not sure about you.)

Collapse -
British sources confirmed....

In reply to: Footage of what?

that seven Storm Shadow missiles were ready to be fired from a British aircraft, but the strikes had to be curtailed due to crews from CNN, Reuters and other organizations nearby

Is that true or not? If so, that says "human shield" as loudly as it can be said.
Collapse -
If only Reuters hadn't been there

In reply to: British sources confirmed....

Devil
Collapse -
The person that made the error in reporting

In reply to: Footage of what?

can admit her error in reporting....

Why can't you admit her error?

Collapse -
What did she admit?

In reply to: The person that made the error in reporting

While Griffin is sticking by her reporting, she acknowledged that Fox News correspondent Steve Harrigan sent a security guard with a camera on the government-organized trip. "I did not know about that earlier today," she said. "I became aware of that this evening. That was my mistake and I apologize for that."

She said that the earlier assertion that no Fox News personnel were present on the tour was "my mistake, and I apologize for the error."

That is the sum total of her "admission" of error. She didn't "admit" the story was incorrect, did she? She"admitted" that the Fox reporter wasn't there though a security guard was sent in his place. Not much of an admission, is it?
Collapse -
YES!.......Admitting an "error"

In reply to: What did she admit?

Is "much of an admission" for a reporter.

Collapse -
The question begging to be asked is

what the hades are reporters from the countries attacking doing on the target sites?

Stupidity.

Collapse -
Got to feel sorry for Kaddafi..

No one can spell his name, he gets screwed in a real estate deal by Donald Trump, and now the mean old Fox reporter is falsely accusing him of using journalists as human shields! The guy just can't get a break.

Collapse -
The guy just can't get a break.

In reply to: Got to feel sorry for Kaddafi..

Said the person accusing him of using reporters as human shields

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.