Speakeasy forum

Rant

FOX news....east of the Maine border?

by JP Bill / June 7, 2014 6:58 AM PDT

I could focus on other points in the article, but, I choose this one

east of the Maine border.

Moncton is 166 miles East of Maine...In CANADA.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: FOX news....east of the Maine border?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: FOX news....east of the Maine border?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Not sure I understand the issue
by Josh K / June 9, 2014 12:44 AM PDT

They were probably just trying to give their US readers a sense of where Moncton is.

Collapse -
Response
by JP Bill / June 9, 2014 1:06 AM PDT

I agree..however, Moncton is nowhere near the "Maine border". I realize they don't claim it's near the border. When I use something as a reference point it is usually "near" the other point I am referring to, not 166 miles
away.

Once you cross the Maine/New Brunswick border...you just go down the road 166 miles and you'll be in Moncton

An example

PLASTER ROCK, New Brunswick — A freight train carrying crude oil and propane derailed and caught fire in a sparsely populated region of New Brunswick about 10-15 miles east of the Maine border late Tuesday, leading to the evacuation of about two dozen nearby homes, authorities said.

Collapse -
What would make sense is just let the US
by Steven Haninger / June 9, 2014 3:29 AM PDT
In reply to: Response

annex any land S. and E. of the banks of the St. Lawrence. We own N.B and Nova Scotia. Problem solved.

Collapse -
Yet another example
by JP Bill / June 9, 2014 4:16 AM PDT

IF the US annexed any land S. and E. of the banks of the St. Lawrence. They would also own a part of Quebec.

Africa is also "east of the Maine Border"...Heck...the rest of the world is "east of the Maine border"

Collapse -
I've flown over Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island
by Josh K / June 9, 2014 11:26 PM PDT
In reply to: Yet another example

Based on what I've seen from the air, you guys can keep them. Wink

Collapse -
Too many trees for your liking?
by JP Bill / June 10, 2014 12:03 AM PDT

Not enough pavement/signs of civilization? Devil
I think the ratio (trees to pavement) is pretty good, I would like a few less potholes caused by snowplows though.

From the International Space Station out in....the ENTIRE world looks beautiful....Perhaps you're not flying high enough. Wink

Collapse -
Actualy a lot of rocks too. Some water.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 10, 2014 12:22 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) Mostly snow and ice. In May.
by Josh K / June 10, 2014 1:09 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.