Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Fox News Channel at 9pm est this evening....................

Hannity's America is having a special,"The Radical Associations of Barack Obama.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Fox News Channel at 9pm est this evening....................
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Fox News Channel at 9pm est this evening....................
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You mean those rigtht-wing fascist nuts?

In reply to: Fox News Channel at 9pm est this evening....................

Just thought I'd beat the lefties to the punch.

-chuckle-

Collapse -
(NT) ABC 9pm est Desperate Housewives

Collapse -
(NT) Are they looking to marry someone in above posts?

In reply to: ABC 9pm est Desperate Housewives

Collapse -
(NT) Traveling south of the border again?

In reply to: ABC 9pm est Desperate Housewives

Collapse -
CTV 10pm AST Desperate Housewives

In reply to: Traveling south of the border again?

No need to.

South of the Border comes to me.

over 1000 channels

Collapse -
Be nice to find out somethiing about the candidate..

which he might be hiding. The mainstream media seems determined that we t5he people NOT find out some things.

Collapse -
seems determined that we the people NOT find out some thing

In reply to: Be nice to find out somethiing about the candidate..

Seems to be lots of info on Google

1,330,000 hits for The Radical Associations of Barack Obama

I wonder if Hannity will have any new stuff or just rehash the same old stuff?

Since it's a "special" I expect a bombshell about Obama, something that has never been said before.

Collapse -
The problem with programs (and posts) like that ...

is that only people who 'know' it already will view it. So practically nobody will be converted from the one camp into the other.

Just like all those pro-X and anti-Y posts here in SE don't serve any practical purpose except being fun to shoot at for the opponents. Nothing wrong with having fun, I'd say, as long as we stay polite and civilised and don't become personal or negative.

Anyway, have a great evening. I assume you can record Desperate Housewives for later viewing ;-).

Kees

Collapse -
Not that Desperate

In reply to: The problem with programs (and posts) like that ...

I prefer not to watch that trash.

The thing is, the information has to get out somehow. The normal networks are just not going to show it. At least one has an opportunity to see the other point of view.

Collapse -
NOTHING TO SEE HERE !!

In reply to: Not that Desperate

Keep moving, Palin had a 2 headed space alien baby.

Collapse -
(NT) There you go again spreading unfounded rumors

In reply to: NOTHING TO SEE HERE !!

Collapse -
Wow. ET had only one head.

In reply to: NOTHING TO SEE HERE !!

This must have been a quite different race of aliens.

Kees

Collapse -
(NT) I thought FOX was a normal network

In reply to: Not that Desperate

Collapse -
No...

In reply to: I thought FOX was a normal network

they aren't in the tank for the Obama campaign like the others.

Collapse -
(NT) That has nothing to do with the issue of "normal"

In reply to: No...

Collapse -
That's what I meant when I originally used the term...

In reply to: That has nothing to do with the issue of "normal"

1: perpendicular ; especially : perpendicular to a tangent at a point of tangency
2 a: according with, constituting, or not deviating from a norm, rule, or principle
b: conforming to a type, standard, or regular pattern

Not sure what your interpretation is. I was clearly referring to the mainstream networks and newspapers, etc.
Collapse -
A glib response.

In reply to: That's what I meant when I originally used the term...

Sighting all the dictionary definitions in the world does not give any clearer meaning to your original statement.

What you should have said, in the interest of accuracy, is that FOX is a network that reflects your views. Before you go off on some insulting tangent, I would point out that there is nothing wrong with saying that FOX reflects your views. In fact. you have made the case repeatedly that FOX is the most unbiased (and therefore the "best") of the networks in your opinion, so why not continue with this idea?

Collapse -
Sighting [sic] all the dictionary definitions in the world..

In reply to: A glib response.

I doubt anyone but you had any problem figuring out what I was saying.

The rest of the hogwash ignored as usual.

Collapse -
Spin, spin, spin

In reply to: Sighting [sic] all the dictionary definitions in the world..

You are simply trying to make a case that FOX news is somehow better than the rest. It simply isn't and its' exercise in revisionist reporting last night is a prime example of how they are every bit as slanted as any other news organization.

Collapse -
Total BS

In reply to: Spin, spin, spin

Stop making things up. I did no such thing.

Collapse -
So you misspoke when you said...

In reply to: Total BS

"The thing is, the information has to get out somehow. The normal networks are just not going to show it. At least one has an opportunity to see the other point of view."

To bad?. Perhaps you should spend some time thinking before you post if this failed to communicate what you really meant to say.
Collapse -
Enough of this crap!

In reply to: So you misspoke when you said...

What I said is what I meant and has no resemblance to anything you are claiming I think or say. I didn't "misspeak" in any way, and you haven't shown that I did. If you don't understand it, tough.

Why can't you just read and not make up crazy interpretations or claim I am trying to do this or that?

No more. You are becoming offensive and annoying.

Collapse -
I'm offensive ?

Yet I am not the one who keeps referring to excrement. Interesting POV you have.

Collapse -
(NT) I am not the one who keeps posting it though.

Collapse -
Look, you made the comment that FOX wasn't "normal"

... as if that there was something special about them. I asked about "normal"... and you then replied that it was what it was because ... "they aren't in the tank for the Obama campaign like the others."

I replied that that has nothing to do with the concept of "normal" and that is when you got all cutsey and glib by posting dictionary definitions about what "normal" is. I suggested other positions for you to take and you got (as usual) all bent out of shape.

Look, if you want to say you like FOX because it favors your brand of politics, then at least have the intestinal fortitude to stand up a say as much instead of playing your usual games. Sitting at your keyboard and claiming that I have become offensive while you make your usual comments is just nonsensical. You have taken this conversation downhill... you are the one being argumentative... and as usual, when your position comes up short, you resort to accusations and mildly offensive epithets.

Collapse -
Good grief!!!

Look, you made the comment that FOX wasn't "normal"

Correct. They are not. They are different than the others.

... as if that there was something special about them.

Nope. I didn't say that at all. That is something you are saying, not me. I CLEARLY said that they are presenting information the other stations won't. That is how they are different. They are not in the tank for Obama. That was what I meant and that is what I said. Period.

I replied that that has nothing to do with the concept of "normal" and that is when you got all cutsey and glib by posting dictionary definitions about what "normal" is.

You seemed not to know what "normal" means. Not cutesy or glib; that's the definition. I don't know what your problem with that is.

I suggested other positions for you to take

Why would I want to take other positions? There was nothing at all wrong with what I said. Nothing. I DON'T NEED YOUR ADVICE ON HOW TO POST.

Enough. Just knock off this silly nonsense..
Collapse -
(NT) Closing thread that is now sent south!

In reply to: Total BS

Collapse -
Well golly gee whiz

It seems that the people in your country march in lockstep, but you don't think there are any "open minded" "independent" thinkers that might want to watch?

Collapse -
I disagree...

I disagree with the statement "nobody will be converted". Case in point: There is a Senator who was a Kleagle in the Klan in the past. Many people in that state who support him did not know that fact. When they become aware of it, I think that his level of support by some people in that state might change and they might be "converted" into a person who no longer supports him.

Collapse -
Followed by the special

"The Racist and anti-Semitic Associations of John McCain", just to be Fair and Balanced.

Dan

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.