Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

General discussion

Forwarding in OE

by jdorisco / August 21, 2005 10:09 AM PDT

Is there a way to set the OE default, so that an email will be forwarded exactly as it arrived? I keep forgetting to make changes to my emails before I forward them, and when they arrive, the images appear as little red X's. I would think that the OE designers would have made the forwarded content the same as the received content - by default. This is not the case. Maybe someone knows how I can fix this?

Windows XP Home/SP2, OE6.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Forwarding in OE
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Forwarding in OE
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
That's called a REDIRECT.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 21, 2005 10:43 AM PDT
In reply to: Forwarding in OE

And is not a feature of OE. In Outlook there is an add-in that does that at slipstick.com

Bob

Collapse -
Redirect
by taboma. / August 25, 2005 4:36 PM PDT

Bob, If I wanted to add this slipstick.com feature to my outlook at work, would that be possible or the IT guys would prevent me from doing so?
The only option is to send out my attachments as a UU file. Other than that my files will go out as a MIM file. Good luck trying to open those files for the most part.
I really do not like outlook express. Has to be something better.

-Kevin

Collapse -
How about
by PudgyOne / August 25, 2005 6:44 PM PDT
In reply to: Redirect

Kevin

How about downloading Mozilla Thunderbird.

At my work I am limited inwhat I can and cannot download and install. If I can do it I do and if I can't install it I delete it.

I have to use Outlook because they set it up, however I was allowed to download and install Mozilla Firefox without being the administrator.

Hope this help.

Collapse -
How About
by taboma. / August 26, 2005 7:57 AM PDT
In reply to: How about

Rick. Can't use the new Firefox and Thunderbird with OS9 at work .
I have it at home and love it.

-Kevin

Collapse -
What do you have when..
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 25, 2005 9:51 PM PDT
In reply to: Redirect

You have IT staffers up to their necks in sand?

Collapse -
IT Staffers
by taboma. / August 26, 2005 8:15 AM PDT

Bob, They have their heads up their A__!
We have had nothing but problems with software and the servers being at 96% capacity. The system is really slow.
We get warning messages all the time?Disk if Full. Out of Disk Space.
Our IT staffers are looking at the problem. Yet, nothing ever gets done or fixed for the last two years.
Kind of like talking to the wall sending them messages about our problems.

-Kevin

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.