Forum Feedback & Announcements forum

General discussion

Forums down again:)

Been trying to read the forums for 20 minutes and got nothing:( Sure wish the techs would resolve the issues that cause the down time. Gets real old fast!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Forums down again:)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Forums down again:)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Forums Are Up Again?

In reply to: Forums down again:)

Collapse -
Until the next screw up!

In reply to: (NT) Forums Are Up Again?

That will be sure to happen with any new "FIX" Sad

Collapse -
Yeah. . .

These Free forums are a pain to have to deal with. Seems like we're always having to deal with problems, at least twice a year for these Free forums. I almost go through withdrawal if I miss ten minutes of them.

Chill people! There are always glitches. Don't add to the problem by being unforgiving and saying something you'll regret.

While I'm here, this is why I'm rarely here. The pissy-*** attitude of the members when their forums are down. Sit back and wait, surf somewhere else, or go outside, clean the garage, mow the lawn, water the flowers, take a walk, watch TV, take a nap. Do something but DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT THE FREE FORUMS BEING DOWN! They owe you nothing, not even an explaination. Lee, out of the goodness of his heart, may tell us what happened. It may have been a telecommunications failure, ATM failure, Server failure, or they didn't pay their electric bill.

Pardon me. I'm tired of the complaining.

Collapse -
Good post Wayne......

In reply to: Yeah. . .

Gee, how soon some people forget, course' the newer members don't know how it used to be the summer of '03 and before, when it was a wonder and amazement that the forums worked at all with the old system.

Bitxx, bitxx, bitxx, some people will even bitxx about the hot weather in summer & cold in winter. Wink

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) And if nothing else bitxx about the ads....;-)

In reply to: Good post Wayne......

Collapse -
Well just pardon me.......

In reply to: (NT) And if nothing else bitxx about the ads....;-)

while I lay down and die cause the two of you are unhappy with my post! Sheesh!

Collapse -
Unhappy? Yes.

In reply to: Well just pardon me.......

We all know the forums are down, at least some of them. It's the constant complaining and snide remarks by you and others. Remarks that run the gamut from forum problems to religion, to politics, to whatever. Then the complaining about a member's posts, on and on and on, ad infinitum.

I visit here or SE so seldom any more, much less add a post, I'm sure I've missed the good ones. But the quality of the posts and posters has dropped since the days of friendship, camaraderie, jokes, assistance, and just plain old fun. When I do drop by, and the first thing I see is a complaint that none of us has any control over, it refreshes my opinion of the entire mess. And reminds me why I don't come here any more. Why anyone else does is beyond me.

Collapse -
Excuse me for stepping out of character

In reply to: Unhappy? Yes.

This is none of my business, I well know. Glenda said (sarcastically...yes) that she is "lying down"...and so you need to jump on her and remark about other posters and just add more of what you are complaining about? Not all are as you claim. You are free to leave a post hang without comment just like anyone else would who did not want to see a squabble be perpetuated. Some folks see what what they think is broken and discard it as useless. Some may even attempt to fix what's not working. But some very special folks will see what parts are working and put those to good use while ignoring its weaknesses. The choice is yours to make but griping about others around you is, IMO, not helpful to any cause.

Collapse -
I think posts that notify that something is

In reply to: Excuse me for stepping out of character

not working correctly with the system is good.

Collapse -
Agreed. . .

In reply to: I think posts that notify that something is

As I've done that before. But the snide remarks are what got me. I probably shouldn't have taken off like that, but it seems like every time there is an outage, someone has to gig the moderators, or CNet for the site(s) being down. Another example is Toni's post at SE. There is just no cause for complaining in that manor. Let alone on a public forum where everyone can see it and add their two cents.

These forums are completely free, strictly voluntary, and sad to say, there will be problems with the servers or software or whatever from time to time. When there is a problem, reporting it is required. But the complaints are not necessary.

Collapse -
Ooops. . .

In reply to: Agreed. . .

It wasn't Toni.

Collapse -
And just WHAT snide comment did I make?

In reply to: Agreed. . .

I said it was getting old! That is snide? Or is it just that I said it?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) neither, neither, neither, G <^_^>.

In reply to: And just WHAT snide comment did I make?

Collapse -
You can blame that on ...

In reply to: Unhappy? Yes.

... those that thought it was a good idea to trash people in another forum thinking they were anonymous. Not to mention the critiquing of certain moderators and their moderating ad nauseum with the constant taunts of how much better the software controls were elsewhere.

How about all the complaints about the color scheme here?

Collapse -
i think we were all a tad frustrated

In reply to: Well just pardon me.......

let's face it, SE is almost as good as watching Vanna White or Oprah.

lol.

david

Collapse -
LOL....Sometimes like Jerry Springer...

In reply to: i think we were all a tad frustrated

I try not to post there much anymore...not good for my heart...or lungs...;-)

Collapse -
Nonsense

In reply to: Good post Wayne......

They worked just fine before the improvements, and a former member trying to mirror them for posterity.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) wonder whatever happened to that member......

In reply to: Nonsense

Collapse -
Huh?? Well I thought for awhile

In reply to: Nonsense

it would be armed resurrection in SE because the forums were down so much back then.

Oh, you are talking about Ian. Well, guess he decided to quit coming.

Collapse -
LOL

In reply to: Yeah. . .

Sometimes I get tired of holier than thou posts too.

Collapse -
Apologies for the forum outage yesterday

Hi everyone.

we ran into some serious unexpected issues with our community applications yesterday that effect not only the forums, but all the community instances throughout our site. The engineers had to take down the servers for serveral hours to fix the issue and I apologize for not notifying everyone earlier of this problem, as it was unexpected.

These long outages are rare, but will happen from time to time, but I'm hoping not frequently. Our engineers are working out better solutions for all of us here in the community, so that down times to intialize forum upgrades and bug fix will have minimal impact on our users.

Again I apologize for the bad hiccup on the system. Things hopefully will be running as normal again.

Thank you for your patience and dedication to this community.

Sincerely,
-Lee Koo
CNET Community

Collapse -
Thank you Lee......

In reply to: Apologies for the forum outage yesterday

I have been having a bad spell with migraines again and was not in the best of moods when I posted:( It just is irritating when everything else works and No CNet:( I know how frustrating it must be to keep the site up and running. Thanks
Glenda

Collapse -
Yep, thanks Lee

In reply to: Thank you Lee......

I can take myself off the Prozac now......

Mark

Collapse -
LOL!

In reply to: Yep, thanks Lee

In my case it was Fiorinal!!! I am a real mess when I hve a nasty migraine. I think the husband and kids are all plotting to do away with me when I have them:) VBEG
Glenda

Collapse -
are you referring to

In reply to: LOL!

I think the husband and kids are all plotting to do away with me when I have them

husb and kids, or migraines, or both??.

ROFL, Glenda.

thank you.
Collapse -
LOL!

In reply to: are you referring to

When I have MIGRAINES! LOL Leave it to you, to find that one! I can be so mean when I have migraines:( LOL

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.