General discussion

Forum real-time activity

don't know if this is a specific bug with the system; or if it's a bug within my browsers (both Safari and Chrome), but it happens often when I respond to a post, then try to return to the real-time activity page

"We're sorry, but the page you requested could not be found."
http://forums.cnet.com/realtime/?tag=forum-w;xNav
"If you got here by typing a URL, please make sure the spelling, capitalization, and punctuation are correct, then try reloading the page"

It gets really frustrating when one has to try and reload the real-time player after every post Sad

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Forum real-time activity
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Forum real-time activity
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Yep, it happens to me sometimes.

What I find is, when I first load the Real-Time activity page, I then immediately click the browser's Reload/Refresh button, and that often prevents such problems for me later.

I use Firefox, but have not tried this in other browsers.

Mark

- Collapse -
Thanks Mark

I'll give this a try today

B.

- Collapse -
Re: real-time activity

I have it open in its own tab. Usually it comes up the first or second time and in most cases it starts working (in other cases it doesn't pickup new posts so I press f5 if there are no changes in 5 minutes or so). Then it works for one hour.
Of course, I use middle-click to open any link from it in a new tab, so it stays open.

Kees

CNET Forums

Forum Info