Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Forum problem

I just tried to read here at Viruses and Security with Internet Explorer and get this Internet Explorer cannot read this site operation aborted error. But I can read this site with AOL. This is happening on both my computers all at once so I do not believe it is me but a problem with the site. I also tried to look at the XP forum and had the same result. Like I say everything was fine earlier and I had not been on the computer till now. Anyone else having this problem. Also I have tried looking at a lot of other sites with no problem like the weather channel and Calender of Updates. slybo

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Forum problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Forum problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Firefox

In reply to: Forum problem

I have the u3 edition of Firefox on a flash drive and have no problem viewing this site with it. Seems to be just Internet Explorer and the CNET forums. slybo

Collapse -
There is a thread about this in the Forum Feedback forum Sly

In reply to: Firefox

Collapse -
Sly.. Have a "look see"...

Collapse -
(NT) Sorry, Mr MVP. I didn't see your post prior to "submit" :(

In reply to: Sly.. Have a "look see"...

Collapse -
Thanks

In reply to: Sorry, Mr MVP. I didn't see your post prior to "submit" :(

Thanks for the replys, I now feel better knowing I do not have a problem on my end. I will go to the Feedback forum and post. slybo

Collapse -
You are getting slow Grasshopper, perhaps

In reply to: Sorry, Mr MVP. I didn't see your post prior to "submit" :(

you got a whiff of some bug spray by mistake. Happy

Collapse -
ONLY.. a senior moment.. ..

In reply to: You are getting slow Grasshopper, perhaps

and now a 2nd senior moment, for not having seen this last post. Shocked If these moments get any closer, I'll take the bug spray! Cry

Grasshopper

Collapse -
Then we are both in trouble because

In reply to: ONLY.. a senior moment.. ..

you are younger than me. Sad

Collapse -
slybo..no problem here using either.........

In reply to: Then we are both in trouble because

.....AOL to connect to Forum or just IE6 when signed off from AOL. That said, there is only one IE6 on my computer and it is utilized by either method. (My AOL is ver 9.0 Optimized)

Miki

Collapse -
Carol., blondes don't have senior moments...............

In reply to: ONLY.. a senior moment.. ..

.....they have "blonde moments" Happy .....and I am having one now because I thought I posted this message earlier, but don't see it.

Miki

Collapse -
AOL

In reply to: Carol., blondes don't have senior moments...............

I am now having the problem with AOL along with IE7, just to let everyone know the problem is worse. I have posted on the Feedback forum along with several other people having this problem. The only way I can get to the cnet forum is with my u3 version of Firefox. Hope they get this fixed soon. slybo

Collapse -
slybo I am still O.K...

In reply to: AOL

Perhaps the following will hold a helpful clue.

Since the AOL problem does not exist on my computer with IE6, do you think yours has to do with IE7?

My AOL 9.0 Optimized is an old version, originally the paid version (now free) which means it is widely integrated in my system......the "new AOL" is less involved......never used AOL customized browser, however.

Miki
XP SP2

Collapse -
Yes IE7

In reply to: slybo I am still O.K...

Yes I believe it does have to do with IE7. There is a long thread about 50 post on this in the Feedback forum named IE cannot load cnet page by Toni H. They are working on the problem. slybo

Collapse -
People experiencing the IE "Operation abort" error pls read

This applies to Internet Explorer users only. FireFox user are not affected.

We been digging around at this bug and what I discovered is that this error only appears on discussion thread pages--not on the CNET forum directory or on the forum listing pages.

I also discovered that you will get this error only if you are not logged into CNET. So if you log in, you should not receive this error.

So to prevent this from happening, go to the CNET forum directory page here: http://forums.cnet.com , go to the top right hand corner of the page and login to CNET and check the "remember me" box. Once you've logged in you should be able to access any forum discussion thread without any issues.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Thanks and I apologize for this inconvenience. I'm hoping we will have this fixed soon.

Best regards,
-Lee Koo
CNET Community

Collapse -
It Works

In reply to: People experiencing the IE "Operation abort" error pls read

Thanks Lee that works on both computers and IE7 and AOL. I come here and most of the time just read. I only log in when I need to post, maybe that is why a lot of people are not having this problem since they may log in each time. Thanks slybo

Collapse -
(NT) Lee, logging in worked for me. Tom.

In reply to: People experiencing the IE "Operation abort" error pls read

Collapse -
This issue is now fixed.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!