Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Former Texas Speakear regrets helping GWB, others

Barnes says he regrets getting Bush into Guard
(Chronicle login: semods4@yahoo.com; pw = speakeasy)

>>"I got a lot of other people in the National Guard because I thought that's what people should do when you're in office: You help a lot of rich people."

Barnes told the crowd he came to seriously regret his actions recently after visiting the Vietnam Veterans Memorial and seeing the names of men and women who died in the Southeast Asian conflict.<<

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Former Texas Speakear regrets helping GWB, others
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Former Texas Speakear regrets helping GWB, others
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Former Texas Speakear regrets helping GWB, others

In reply to: Former Texas Speakear regrets helping GWB, others

A lot of ideas and opinions change after visiting the Vietnam Veterans Memorial and seeing the names of men and women who died in the Southeast Asian conflict.

Such an astronomical number of names. Real man and women. Sad

And when you find the one that means the most to you, you feel a piercing pain in your heart.

Collapse -
Speakear ?

is he the guy that talks to himself at 04:00am in the senate?

Collapse -
Re: Former Texas Speakear regrets helping GWB, others

Thanks for the bump, Jonah. Wink

There seems to be a pattern here -- Ed, Del, Clay, et al. give lots of play to anti-Kerry posts, while those from the other side quickly slip down the board... Nothing like free and open discussion...

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
I'm sure there

In reply to: Re: Former Texas Speakear regrets helping GWB, others

are many people in the world who regret helping somebody move along in life, but this man also said 'others' not just Bush, so it appears that other people he's helped have also disappointed him. Sounds familiar for just about anybody who wishes they hadn't, including former supporters of Kerry.

I didn't post to this thread only because I figured that feeling was being felt on both sides of the political fence about now. I didn't see it as a bash to Bush to be honest.

TONI

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.