PC Applications forum

General discussion

For genericbearname

"genericbearname
Subject: Disappointing Response
It's not pirated, it's explicit, ******* (though with consenting *****), and freely shared. (Yes, there are people who enjoy sharing their ''activities'' with the public at large, and here in Illinois it is not illegal to possess or view such materials.) I'd rather not get into my personal interests in the pursuit of technical assistance and so have avoided going into the specifics. (And to be honest, I'm not even sure the title would be appropriate to post.) Knowing the specifics of what I like to view in the privacy of my home should not be required in order to receive advice or assistance, and unless the title/content of the materials at hand can some how effect the functioning of the software, I can not see it's importance.

Since this website's overly positive review of Nero 6 Ultra influenced my decision to purchase the product, I figured this would be a good place to go when seeking assistance in how to actually make it work. It appears now that you have been searching for an excuse to avoid the question at hand all along, and it also seems apparent that this website is more interested in serving it's advertisers than in actually providing assistance."

I offered what help I could. Now make the support phone call to Roxio or Nero or better yet, ask the person who made the video how to turn it into a DVD. The reply did tell you the issue but without specifics, I can't help. And from the looks of it, you may be outside the forum rules.

Bob

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: For genericbearname
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: For genericbearname
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Addendum to Bob's post

In reply to: For genericbearname

This is a PG-13 site, and although what you have is your personal business, the fact that the videos are admittedly downloaded the assumption has to be at our end that they are pirated material. Bob has given the best information he can give and that is to contact the program author for more details on how to get it working.....either Nero, Roxio, or the party you downloaded it from.

Just because a product is recommended here doesn't mean that we know all the answers regarding various codecs that the party you got it from used to create the file in the first place....there are too many variables to know that, although codecs can be downloaded separately from many sources on the net. You just have to find out which one you need.

TONI

Collapse -
The rabbithole is deeper than many suspect on this one.

In reply to: Addendum to Bob's post

Many never catch on that not only must a codec be there for playback, but be compatible with Nero/Roxio/Yourtoolofchoice. Many don't get it the first or subsequent trips into this thorny area of video encoding and get upset at the current state of affairs. Some will lash out at those that note the issue.

In closing, since I can't see the file, I can't dissect it and offer any help either. Since it's far outside PG-13 as well not "on a web site" with clear rights and more, the discussion hits the skids then the brick wall of the rules these forums operate under.

Since you bought Nero/Roxio/other title, then you can ask of them to resolve it or for a full refund.

Cheers,

Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!