Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Food for thought in these older movies

by Angeline Booher / July 9, 2009 4:00 AM PDT

I don't know how I missed this when it came out, but I assume it was during my husband's illness. He didn't have cancer, but the ups and downs of debilitating illness rang true to me. It also hit home about using humor as much as possible

Re: God Said Ha!

After leaving the cast of Saturday Night Live, Sweeney returned to Los Angeles where, shortly afterwards, her career was put on hold by a series of personal traumas. Her brother Michael was diagnosed with lymphoma, and shortly thereafter Sweeney discovered that she had cancer, too. Following the ordeal, Sweeney began to tell of her experience in serio-comic performances at L.A.'s alternative comedy club, the Un-Cabaret, eventually developing the stories into a one-woman stage show, God Said Ha!, which debuted at San Francisco's Magic Theater in 1995.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia_Sweeney

This movie could have been about a terrorist attack during a big sporting event, but it was not. One version involved a lone psychotic man, and though he was killed, law enforcement did not learn his motives, or if he had a special target. The TV version revolved around it being a diversion for a jewelry heist.

The panic that followed the first rifle shot was dramatic as fans ran to escape the LA Coliseum.

Re: Two Minute Warning

A psychotic man, armed with a hunting rifle and acting alone, goes on a sniping spree and is hunted by the police and a SWAT team. Sniper and SWAT converge at a crowded major-league football game, where at the two-minute warning shots ring out and mass panic ensues. Written by orb

Broadcast television version: A group of art thieves plan a daring robbery by using a sniper to cause a panic during a championship football game in a stadium that just happens to be in the vicinity of the museum they plan to rob. The SWAT team is notified, but can they stop the sniper before he creates a mass panic? Written by Brian Washington {Sargebri@earthlink.net}

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075359/

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Food for thought in these older movies
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Food for thought in these older movies
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.