Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

font problems AGAIN

by kinseeker / March 17, 2004 4:43 AM PST

this has not been fun! Now the next problem I have is can hardly read the address line when I am on line. Font is way to small. Seems like I fix one problem and then cause another. I may have to break down and have someone come to my home and show me what I need to be doing. I feel like I am spinning my wheels and not getting anyplace. I use Windows 98.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: font problems AGAIN
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: font problems AGAIN
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:font problems AGAIN
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / March 17, 2004 5:26 AM PST
In reply to: font problems AGAIN

Kinseeker,

The address bar in Internet Explorer and other text and fonts on the desktop can be enlarged a few different ways. First, try RIGHT clicking on a blank area of the desktop, choose "Properties". When that loads, click on the "Settings" tab. Now move the "Desktop area" (Resolution) slider to a "smaller" number. (something like 800 X 600 is usually appropriate). Now click on "Apply", then OK. and depending on your settings, choose "yes" if it asks if you like the settings. If the fonts still aren't to your liking, RIGHT click on a blank area of the desktop again, choose "Properties", then the "Settings" tab. In the "Font size" line, choose "large Fonts", then click on "Apply", then OK.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
Re:Re:font problems AGAIN
by kinseeker / March 17, 2004 8:31 AM PST
In reply to: Re:font problems AGAIN

Thanks Grif, I am getting to comfortable with the computer so think I can change things. Well, just learned to leave well enough alone.

Collapse -
Kinseeker, It Sounds Like You Fixed It? Right?
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / March 17, 2004 11:08 AM PST

If so, then that's what "playing around" with the system is all about. Although inexperienced users don't want to be too "loose" with computer experimentation, there really isn't any other way to learn unless you try something new.....and then try to fix what you just messed up. LOL

Take care and keep up the safe computing.

Grif

Collapse -
Re:Kinseeker, It Sounds Like You Fixed It? Right?
by kinseeker / March 18, 2004 2:42 AM PST

Thanks again Grif. You are so right about only learning by doing. I am just thankful for the forums to get us out of our messes :>)

Collapse -
(NT) Kinseeker, Glad We Could Help !
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / March 18, 2004 3:41 AM PST

Collapse -
Have You Run Defrag Recently
by pfeffer3 / March 18, 2004 9:38 PM PST
In reply to: font problems AGAIN

If not, do so.

Collapse -
Re:Have You Run Defrag Recently
by kinseeker / March 19, 2004 11:22 AM PST

No, I haven't defrag as I have only had it home one week after having the hard drive erased. That is why I am trying to get all of my fonts like I had them before. I will defrag this evening. Thanks

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?