Question

Folder Name Needed for ActiveSync Items

One of the folders on my Mobile 6.5 Smartphone containing ActiveSync 4.5 files accidentally got renamed. Unfortunately I dont know what the original folder name was. I already have a folder called Active Sync, but apparently theres another one that contains some of the following file names for your purpose of identifying the folder Im referring to:

{HexSerialNumber}.
MyPCName.PC0
MyPCName.PC1
MyPCName.PC2
MyPCName.PC3
MyPCName.PC4
Scheduler.
SrvrSyncDisabled.
Windows.PC3
Windows.PC4

"MyPCName" should be substituted with whatever name you have called your home computer that you Sync with. "HexSerialNumber" is presumably a Dynamically assigned Hexadecimal filename unique on each device.

Please provide your best guess as to what that folder name was. My ActiveSync will not run properly until this is fixed. Thanks.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Folder Name Needed for ActiveSync Items
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Folder Name Needed for ActiveSync Items
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Sorry, I'm on Windows 7 here.

I only have a HP 211 (WM6.x) and some Pharos M619 (wm6.x) but do not have them paired up with any ActiveSync 4.5 machine (that's 2000/XP to most).

I do have them working with WMDC on Windows 7.

If you can give more detail about how to check the above, I can look again.

(subscribed to alerts on this thread.)
Bob

- Collapse -
Determining the Folder

Actually, Im not entirely certain. Originally I had assumed there was a file search function in 6.5 that you could search on the above file names to determine what folder they were in, but apparently the built in search feature doesnt search files but Office Mobile content such as Outlook Calendar Items or Help. You cant search from the PC linked to the phone that way either. Maybe its a folder called Sync-(somthehing) or has a name suggestive of ActiveSync, but has all the mentioned files in it.

Sorry I cant help you on this aspect, but maybe someone out there knows how to search for file names on a 6.5 smartphone. Thanks.

- Collapse -
...Or do it another way

or perhaps someone could simply list all of the folder names under the Windows folder in the smartphone. Theres maybe 20 of them. The folder I DONT have is the folder name I will be looking for. Thanks again.

- Collapse -
Here's the m619 shot.
- Collapse -
Here's the HP 211 Windows Folder.
- Collapse -
Listing folders didnt work

Thanks, but I guess the list of folders can vary greatly. I have at least 10 more folders in my Mobile Windows Folder than you had in either of your 6.x smartphones. None of the non-matching folders appeared to suggest which one was missing. Again, a search for the listed filenames would definitively locate the correct folder. Or perhaps on some phones that folder doesnt even exist. Unless someone can search on those filenames, I give up for now.

Thanks again for trying.

- Collapse -
I only listed the \Windows folders in that folder.

If you need to look at sub folders I can do that. It's a bit oddball in that I can't list the files and folders at the command line (well I can but that's going to take a little longer) but a well used machine will vary.

These are almost pristine with use on XP ActiveSync 4.5 which is in mothballs and for this go I looked at it with WMDC.
Bob

- Collapse -
Active Sync Files Listing

OK lets just try it another way. Please list (at photobucket or wherever) all of the files you show in your Active Sync Folder on your Mobile Device (preferrably phone.)

- Collapse -
OK. The Pharos m619 is a phone.

CNET Forums