Why the "Floppy Drive Swap" ?
I have reloaded Windows XP on one side of a partition and Linux Mandrake on the other.
My Windows XP works perfectly well. So do my Norton's Internet Security, Spybot Search and Destroy and ALL my peripherals (printer, camera, speakers etc.).
My Bios Post will recognize the floppy (I enabled the Floppy Drive Swap and Seek in the Advanced CMOS).
None the less, the Windows XP will not recognize the floppy. I have tried:
1) the Bios changes mentioned above
2) Disconnecting the pin connectors on the floppy to force Windows XP to recognize new hardware when re-plugged
3) Trying to get Windows XP to do a search for new hardware.
4) Changed the first boot device from CDROM to IDE-0
5) Checked the Device manager to find it is not even listed.
Need some new ideas....please.