fldrclnr.dll not found

by kwokwai -space4english / February 27, 2006 3:38 PM PST

On startup, a pupup message said:
fldrclnr.dll, wizard_RunDLL not found!

Will this error lead to big problem?

Please help if you could!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: fldrclnr.dll not found
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: fldrclnr.dll not found
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
See if this helps
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / February 27, 2006 7:43 PM PST
In reply to: fldrclnr.dll not found
Collapse -
FLDRCLNR.DLL wizard_RunDLL not found! = Desktop cleanup util
by Cursorcowboy / February 27, 2006 9:30 PM PST
In reply to: fldrclnr.dll not found

1. To ensure the PATH environmental variable includes the %SystemRoot%\System32\WBEM (Web Based Enterprise Management) folder:

? Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

? On the Advanced tab, click Environment Variables.

? Under System Variables double-click the PATH environment variable.

Note: If no PATH is listed, click New. In the Variable name box, type Path. Type or paste the bolded line next into the box labeled Variable value. Then skip to the very last item below and click the OKs.

? Type the following and then press ENTER, and if other system variables appear, do not remove them:

%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\system32\WBEM

? Click OK each time you have the option.

2. Does the applicable DLL file need compressing?

Note: Check the i386 folder (path may be similar to: C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\FolderName\i386) to see if the last "L" of the applicable DLL file is an underline:

a. Click Start, and then click Run.

b. In the Open box, type the command similar to the following by replacing the "xxxxx" with the correct filename, ensuring the correct path, and then press ENTER:

Expand "C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\FolderName\i386\xxxxx.dl_" "C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\FolderName\i386\xxxxx.dll"

c. In Windows Explorer, move xxxxx.dll from the i386 folder to the C:\Windows\System32 folder.

Note: Your particular folder may be named something other than "Windows."

d. Click Start, and then click Run.

e. In the Open box, type regsvr32 xxxxx.dll, and then click OK.

f. When you receive the following message, click OK:

DllRegisterServer in xxxxx.dll succeeded.

3. Where does the applicable "xxxxx.DLL" file exist? See if copying that file from wherever it exists to the location indicated in #2c above to see if the situation is corrected.

4. When you view the "Files Stored on This Computer" heading in My Computer, is the "Shared Documents Folders" missing for any user, [Q319825]?

5. If you have for any reason experienced problems or anomalies using a particular Profile, consider that profile as damaged and create another, [Q326688].

6. Depending on the applicable DLL file involved and the overall system situation, you could start your computer from the Windows CD, and perform an in-place upgrade (Reinstallation, which does not mean using an "OEM Restoration" disk), [Q315341].

Collapse -
will this help?

Someone suggested me trying this:
uncheck 'Run Desktop Cleanup Wizard every 60 days'.

What do you think?

Collapse -
Re: will this help?
by Tufenuf / February 28, 2006 1:08 AM PST
In reply to: will this help?

kwokwai, Did you try a File search for fldrclnr.dll?

Start>Search>All files and folders then type in: fldrclnr.dll

and click the Search button.

There should be a copy of that file in your C:\Windows\System32 folder and your C:\Windows\System32\dllcache folder.

Collapse -
thanks
by kwokwai -space4english / March 1, 2006 12:38 AM PST
In reply to: Re: will this help?

Thanks for yr help! but I have unchecked that "cleanup desktop wizard", and now the error doesn't appear again!

I have done a search to that file, but I think I wouldn't replace it with a new one.

Collapse -
i found the file in the WIndows CD instead
by kwokwai -space4english / March 1, 2006 12:42 AM PST

I couldn't find the file in the cache folder, but in the Windows CD instead!

Collapse -
another matter
by kwokwai -space4english / March 1, 2006 12:48 AM PST

The fldrcldn file found in the E:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 has got a bigger file size than that found in the OS CD
Any idea?

Collapse -
Re: another matter
by Tufenuf / March 1, 2006 1:44 AM PST
In reply to: another matter

kwokwai, The file in your E:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 folder is probably 80.5 KB and the one on your CD is probably smaller because it's compressed. You probaly also have that file in theE:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ dllcache folder but to see the dllcache folder you must go into Folder Options>View tab and uncheck ''Hide protected operating system files'', click Apply/OK.

Tufenuf

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!