General discussion

Flat panel tv with cablecard slot?

Does anyone know if there are any new flat panel tv's (LCD, LED, or plasma) that are being made with a cablecard slot?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Flat panel tv with cablecard slot?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Flat panel tv with cablecard slot?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
They're tough to find now, AFAIK

I believe Panasonic has discontinued support of CableCARD after their 2009 HDTV models. Certainly other manufacturers have done the same thing. That's a pretty good sign that you will not find much if anything in the newer HDTVs. The companies want us to continue to rent their boxes if possible.

Maybe poke around a little over at AVS forum for more of the gory details on that status of Cablecard.

- Collapse -
TV with cablecard slot?

I am so PO about Cablevision here in NY now requiring every tv set to have a cablebox or a cablecard to view their channels. I had a very nice small white kitchen TV which is now useless and now I have no TV in the kitchen. Why? Because the cablebox is too big to put on top of my kitchen counter because it would take up too much cooking space!!!! I tried putting the small TV on top of the box but that looks terrible. What now? I cannot find any small flat screen TVs with a CableCard Slot for my kitchen.

CNET Forums

Forum Info