Question

Flash Player Download question

I just uodated to the latest flash player

I use to go through teh whole process with the downloader and all and it usually had problems hanging or not installing etc

So I have taken to this method:
I go to the adobe home page

Click on the link Flash Player Installation help

Click on windows trouble shooting

Then Click Download Player Manual Installer

Save the Flash Player 10 Active X file to my desk top
(install_flash_player_ax.exe)

then just double click and run as admin

It seems to install without issue.
It seems so simple and easy it makes me concerned if I'm doing it right. Is it really that quick and easy?

how doe that file install_flash_player_ax.exe have the latest version without noting any version number?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Flash Player Download question
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Flash Player Download question
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Yep, it happens sometimes

Manual download and installation often works in cases like this.

Nothing to worry about, and a good method of resolving issues. Good work.

Mark

- Collapse -
Answer
Plan B...

When you do a manual d/l, you're getting the latest update file in order to do this. In fact, this is the "plan B" of updating, to manually fetch the file required when auto updating isn't working. Once done, your Flash product doesn't trouble you no more to update, problem solved, enjoy.

- Collapse -
Answer
How does install_flash_player_ax.exe have the latest?

CNET Forums