General discussion

flash flie ocx, not found, error message

OS, windows xp, underlying ongoing search for flash ocx file not found (file does not exist) results in error message. with ok response button, of course. Question how do I stop the continual search? I would place my computer tech experience at just above novice. Thanks to whom ever answers. (this has been going on the past 4/5 days.) OS , windows xp, 32 bit.

Note: This post was edited by forum moderator to remove email address to prevent spam harvester from picking it up. on 11/04/2010 on 7:56 AM PT

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: flash flie ocx, not found, error message
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: flash flie ocx, not found, error message
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Your email address

It is not wise to post email addresses in Public Forums because they can be trawled for spam purposes. I have asked our Forum Admin to edit that out.

Can you tell us more?

When does this error message appear, eg at startup, or throughout a session, using a particular application?

Mark

- Collapse -
Flash file.ocx error message

It had just popped up at various times, at times it would return with in minutes of just canceling the previous error message. At other times it could be at least once per hour or less, didn't seem to be a pattern to the popup. Had got tangled up with a supposedly microsoft represented "Security Tool", This am when checking the price on stock market, locked up the system. Went to my ISP(Century Link) for a total clean up and updating various hard drives. THanks for you response. Also Removing e-mail from open forum - won't let that happen again, Again Thanks for your note.

CNET Forums

Forum Info