General discussion

Flash drive recommendation....

It seems I'm a flashdrive killer. I've had about 3 flash drives so far and killed all three. Actually the Sony one would have lasted longer if the casing wasn't a problem. While my PNY and Kingston are dead.

Anyway, I need help. I've come to realize I need at least two external flash drives. I mainly put my backup files ( I don't need a lot of space) and all of my e-books (takes up a lot of space) and school work as well as my collection of articles (all take up space. Anyway I'm looking for a lot of space, not to expensive and durable. I'm getting my Kingston Travel 16GB replaced, but I wanted to get 2 new ones as extra back up, since God knows I need it, I lost everything in my Kingston.

I want want around 32Gb or 64GB. Plus another 16. I was looking at another Kingston, but also Lexmark or sandisk. I also need one that is secure---encryption always a plus.

Thanks in advance.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Flash drive recommendation....
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Flash drive recommendation....
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Is this a physcial damage issue?
- Collapse -
I suspect...

Your flashdrives may have fallen victim to ESD(static) damage. This need not be a great voltage ESD discharge but enough to cause damage and/or corruption of data. Don't take your flashdrives for granted, protect them. Get in the habit of tossing them with your laptop or case/backpack, etc., maybe even in a small box/bag designed for flashdrives. Yeah, they make them and if your data is worth anything, its small cost to use them. Of course, don't rely totally on a flashdrive alone, back-up to CD/DVD media as well for critical data.

I like the Kingston and Toshiba flashdrives, I really do. I tend to stay away from so-called sliding or flip covers, but rather the simple cap for me. Ironically, the only flashdrives I killed were ones that I carried in my pocket(keychain) and loaned out(lost forever).

tada -----Willy Happy

CNET Forums

Forum Info