Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Fish oil maybe tainted

by Willy / March 3, 2010 4:30 AM PST

I take fish oil as per Dr's recommendation. though, its not required it makes sense for the Omega-3 intake. Well I don't eat alot of fish but can now and then, Great Lakes Perch and Walleye, good eating. But those are rare days, however i do eat or have found thta alternative Omega-3 intake from avocados and nuts, etc., is another source. So, maybe I was OK after all. I do take these fish oils pills for the health benefit. Now I read that the fish oil maybe tainted by the various manufacturers out there, no one seems that clean of the factor. You would think so has the ones I take clearly state they have been refined, retested, yada-yada, to give the user a sense of well being. In this case, so far, my brand appears OK. I buy Rexall 1kg units. so, I hope your fish oil intake is OK, right.

http://www.mediapost.com/publications/?fa=Articles.showArticle&art_aid=123598

Check out "Eating Well" magazine, there they heavily promote the so-called natural fish oils. These look somewhat not so clear(the pill) compared to reg. store brought ones. even the fish sources are supposely more cleaner. Oh man....

http://www.eatingwell.com/

take a pill and chill -----Willy Happy

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Fish oil maybe tainted
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Fish oil maybe tainted
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Oh, Yuck!
by James Denison / March 3, 2010 5:18 AM PST
In reply to: Fish oil maybe tainted

Cod Liver Oil. I just wish my parents had killed me instead. It's that bad. When finally no threats of punishment could convince me to take anymore, it was switched to Geritol, something just a bit less horrible. I don't think they make Geritol anymore, tasted like burnt meat left to rust in an old iron pot for a week or so.

Collapse -
I think this was it.
by James Denison / March 3, 2010 5:22 AM PST
In reply to: Oh, Yuck!

Cod liver oil was traditionally manufactured by filling a wooden barrel with fresh cod livers and seawater and allowing the mixture to ferment for up to a year before removing the oil. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cod_liver_oil

That's exactly what it tasted like, something fishy, long dead.

Collapse -
Here's a fish oil story for you
by JP Bill / March 3, 2010 5:48 AM PST

The lunch room we were eating in wasn't being cleaned daily.

On Friday I had tuna fish sandwich for lunch and dumped some oil from tuna fish in the garbage.

Monday morning when everyone came into work......

After that, the lunch rooms were cleaned daily. Devil

Collapse -
We had a mouse in our shop once.
by drpruner / March 8, 2010 7:14 AM PST

Put out a standard spring trap for it.
Trap got the mouse.

Next Monday we learned not to put out a trap on Friday PM.

Collapse -
(NT) Wait for our very own Doc to check in, or Nurse A.
by drpruner / March 8, 2010 7:14 AM PST

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!