Resolved Question

First speeding ticket. Im dumb, need advice!

Hello everyone,

To begin, I would like to admit that I was being irresponsible and in no way am I trying to subvert the law nor dodge responsibility for my actions. However my lapse of judgement might literally cost me more than I am currently able to afford!

I was cited for speeding in Escambia County, FL for doing 80mph in a 45 mph zone on a motorcycle. Which I know is a lot but it was late at night and there was no one on the road (except for the copper of course!)

He was very polite when he wrote me the citation(316.189(4)). He told me I have to appear in court next month. I am a 24 year old male in the military, supporting myself.

What should I expect?

Does anyone have any experience in this matter?

Should I hire a lawyer to fight this?

I can afford a $300 dollar fine but have no idea what to expect in terms of points awarded to my license. Insurance I can assume will sky rocket but again, I don't know by how much.

Thank you for your time and attention!

-AJ

Discussion is locked
AJC55 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Follow
Reply to: First speeding ticket. Im dumb, need advice!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: First speeding ticket. Im dumb, need advice!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

Best Answer

- Collapse -
Re: fine
- Collapse -
(NT) Thank you very much, im a first time poster!

CNET Forums