Desktops forum

General discussion

First Computer build - no signal getting to monitor !!!!

HI i have recently started building my own pc

my specs are:

1x Compucase Micro ATX Case Piano Black,USB+HD Audio 400watts PSU
1x Gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2P Motherboard
2x OCZ 1GB Memory Module PC2-6400 800MHz DDR2 Unbuffered CL5 DIMM
1x AMD Sempron 140 2.7 GHz 1MB Cache Energy Efficient Single Core prosessor
1x LG Gh22ns40 Auau 22x DVDRW SATA - Black Bare + Sw
1x Seagate OEM 500GB Barracuda 7200.12 Internal Hard Disk Drive
1x cpu fan
1x case fan

After connecting this all together - everything is moving and lighting up like it should - but there there is no signal to monitor from integrated video card any ideas or help would be great

already tried removing 1 ram chip and swapping them around.

all parts are brand new so i would hope they are all in working order.

thanks

callum

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: First Computer build - no signal getting to monitor !!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: First Computer build - no signal getting to monitor !!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
DId you 'bench test' the components outside the case ?

In reply to: First Computer build - no signal getting to monitor !!!!

Collapse -
Check and verify

In reply to: First Computer build - no signal getting to monitor !!!!

Verify you have a good video connection and you needn't have any drives attached. Start a boot-up, any beeps or any display(even an error)? If none, then probable bad video card/port provided no beeps at boot. Also, be sure you recheck all your work. What needs to be done, reduce the system to bare minimum it needn't be bootable just to get a display for now. Once a display is present you can enter the bios for whatever reason. You can also, use the bios "CMOS" shortening pins to return the mtrbd. to default mode and restart again. If none of this works, remove mtrbd. etc. to a cardboard on table. This way no possible shorts, etc., in order to T/S the system. Be sure to read manual in order to install all those devices in possible proper area, RECHECK ALL YOUR WORK. Don't take anything for granted and verify compatibility of items.

tada -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
Re Check and verify

In reply to: Check and verify

Hi have stripped the pc apart again ready to rebuild again

i have a 230 vac 50 mhz 5amp power supply - but a 250V with 10 amp cable do you think this might be the problem ?

i have taken the motherboard out as well and checked to make sure that it wasnt shorting against the case - still no joy .

thanks again for your help

Collapse -
Voltage selection, be sure

In reply to: Re Check and verify

Most PSU's are dual ready for 115V/230V setup via the sw. option on the PSU. Now, I suspect you've already selected the proper voltage for your local area. That is I *assume* is 230VAC and no the cable is showing its specs which is capable of the 230VAC is OK. You should provide more details if in fact your system uses 230VAC, if not then switch to 115VAC and try that if that is what is proper for your area.

tada -----Willy Happy

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.