Samsung forum

General discussion

Firmware Upgrade for LN40B650

by bettyryde / June 15, 2009 12:40 AM PDT

Where do I find a firmware upgrade for LN40B650. The version on my set is 2009/02/22-001 003. I am having issues using the DLNA/PCShare.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Firmware Upgrade for LN40B650
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Firmware Upgrade for LN40B650
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 17, 2009 12:54 PM PDT

bettyryde,

What country are you inquiring from?

--HDTech

Collapse -
by bettyryde / June 17, 2009 2:08 PM PDT

The USA

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 19, 2009 12:12 PM PDT

bettyryde,

There is no firmware update for that unit yet.

Have you tried downloading the latest PC Share?

--HDTech

Collapse -
by bettyryde / June 25, 2009 12:46 AM PDT

Yes, I tried the latest PCShare software & actually was able to get things working properly by uninstalling the latest & going back to the version on the cd (2.1 I think).
My next question is regarding image burn/retention. If I use the Samsung to play the music that is on my pc, the image on the screen is always the same. Will this harm the screen if I leave it on for an extended length of time? Is there a way to run a slide show while playing music? Thanks

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 25, 2009 1:36 PM PDT

bettyryde,

Image retention is possible, and likely if a static image remains too long on the screen. I'll look into it to see what I can find out about a slideshow.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by ZoOMBeE / December 28, 2009 1:49 AM PST

Hi --HDTech,

Mine is a LN46B650, wich has the same issues as 46 and I'm curious about the follow up of this thread still unanswered since June/09.

Further, I wonder how Samsung, aware of the image retention problem and energy saving tendency, produces top of the line TV sets that play music - which is far from the primary expected feature in a TV - and, not only allows a static image to burn the very expensive screen, but also doesn't have an image turn off function, which would save 90% in KW/h when listening to music.

If they've never thought of that, there's the suggestion for the next firmware update.
!

Collapse -
I am having issues using the DLNA/PCShare too.
by ZoOMBeE / December 28, 2009 2:15 AM PST

Hi --HDTech,

I have pcshare 2.3 installed in Win7 (cable connection) and the TV insists in still accessing folders that I have already unshared. Ex: I have shared a folder "X-Videos" and accessed it normaly after refreshing the DB. Then I decide not to share it anymore. I removed "X-Videos" from the shared list and refreshed the DB. The TV still shows "X-Videos" and all its content. I have refreshed the database several times and even deleted some pcshare sub-folders. It seems to me that the problem is a cache in the TV that should be refreshed, but if fails to do so automatically.

Thanks for a reply!

PS obs: When searching for a media file on the TV's MEDIA.P, the mono-dimentional searching interface is very inefficient and slow when you have more then a couple of hundreds of files.
'

Collapse -
Re: I am having issues using the DLNA/PCShare too.
by ZoOMBeE / January 3, 2010 8:20 PM PST

Not that anybody helped, but the problem was solved uninstalling PCShare and re-installing it. The reason I didn't do it before is cause of the hard time PCShare gave me to install it, having incompatibility problems with Win7 and so.

PCShare 2.3 still crashes in Win7 when I press the button with the dark blue rounded thingy.

Happy 2010!

Collapse -
Re: I am having issues using the DLNA/PCShare too.
by pavel_prague / January 17, 2010 4:04 AM PST

Hi, I has the same problem like you. Thanks to you and your good advice I solved this big problem (for me) :-)) Thank you very much !!!

Collapse -
new firmware for ln40b650
by larryn4 / September 6, 2009 2:08 AM PDT

there is new firmware posted to samsung for this model on their site under support and downloads and the firmware. but does anyone know what this firmware edition "fixes". I have had no problems in one month of use but i don't use a DVD player nor internet.
i usually don't like to upgrade a firmware or OS unless i have problems or it has been tried and true. this was just posted two days ago.

Collapse -
LN40B650
by mmoouudd / June 1, 2011 9:20 PM PDT

Dears,
I have LN40B650 and i bought it from Egypt.... and i am living in Egpt, would you please dvice which firmware should i use... can i use US one...
since i bought my LCDi can't upgragde it and i don't know which firmware should i use...

Thanks in advance
Moud

Collapse -
No...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 2, 2011 4:38 AM PDT
In reply to: LN40B650

LN40B650,

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.