If not, they don't deserve the sale.
Hi looking for a little help
We are looking to connect multiple vlans onto our 8650e data switch which will in turn be connected a number of Alcatel cloud based omnipcx oxo RCS telephone systems.
we are basically creating a mini voice hub with the leased link connected and sip/vlans/WAN connections (engineered by our network supplier).
the issue I have is integrating the NETGEAR SRX5308 Firewall into the equations.
I have tested the link and missing out the firewall and proved the circuit is live.
we have a 8650e 48 port switch installed.
our network is setup as follows :
Cisco router (where the leased link terminates) - 4 ports - ports 1-3 are programmed as 'trunk' ports supporting VLAN 1 ( 192.168.50.1) local connection and VLAN 3 public - ive been told i only need one of the ports to connect to my network.
i have discussed this with a people and have been given various solutions :
1. Cisco trunk port connected to WAN port 1 of the NETGEAR firewall - connected patch lead accordingly
2. program the WAN port on the NETGEAR switch with the relevant public IP info given by vender - carried this out link showing live
3. program two VLANSs 1 & 3 onto LAN port 1 of the NETGEAR firewall - programmed
4. program port 1/1 on the 8650e with 802.1q tagging -'trunk port'
5. associate VLAN 1 & 3 to that port ?
6. create numerous VLANs onto port 10-20 with relevant VLANs 10-20 for each OXO telephone cpu
Now my questions :
how to i allow my new VLAN's 10-20 to default root back though port 1 ( my trunk port with VLAN 1 &3 ) towards the firewall ?
what ip gateway address would be needed to be programmed for each OXO on their separate VLANs & how ?
i know i can program an ip interface to each port and attach a VLAN to the port is that correct ?
is there any routing required with the 8650e switch ?
what would be required to route/program within the firewall ?
hope this makes sense.
thank you in advance for any help.