General discussion

firewall and AV with Security update??

Using WinXP home. Mozilla 1.7b.

Just received MS Security Update CD's in the mail.

Have been doing Win XP updates with MS, so guess most updates already on my machine.

Have AVG installed, and get automatic updates.

Using Kerio Personal Firewall, just received update on it.

Both of above seem to be working OK, no problems so far.

SO, my question is, how do Kerio and AVG compare with the firewall and AV from MS, better or worse?

Should I leave what I have, or uninstall them and install the MS programs?

Thanks

Ben

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: firewall and AV with Security update??
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: firewall and AV with Security update??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re:firewall and AV with Security update??

Hi bently,

I think if Kerio and AVG is running without a problem in your system and you are satisfied with these 2 programs, there's no reason to replace it Happy

Just keep them up-to-date for extra protection.

Donna

- Collapse -
Re:Re:firewall and AV with Security update??

Thanks Donna,

Both seem to be running very well.

I was just curious if the MS stuff was a better and to see what others experiences were.

Thanks

Ben

CNET Forums