HolidayBuyer's Guide

Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

General discussion

Firefox..version question

by radean / July 22, 2004 5:14 AM PDT

Installed Firefox (latest?) July 3 , 2004.
Clicking on the .exe icon in Program files, says Version 0.9.0.0.
When running Firefox, and clicking Help, About, it says Version 0.9.1.

Keep seeing references here about Version 9.2, but don't see anything on the Firefox webpage about a 9.2.

Am I missing something here? No, I mean besides a brain...:)

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Firefox..version question
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Firefox..version question
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Firefox..version question
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 22, 2004 5:37 AM PDT

Yes, I think they fixed that in the current version.

Bob

Collapse -
Fixed what Bob..
by radean / July 22, 2004 5:46 AM PDT

My brain? Don't think so.
But seriously, latest version I see there is 9.1.
Or do you mean this a "reporting" error when checking Help, About?

Collapse -
Re: Fixed what Bob..
by Mark G / July 22, 2004 6:09 AM PDT
In reply to: Fixed what Bob..
Collapse -
Thanks Mark..Got it
by radean / July 22, 2004 6:41 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: Fixed what Bob..

Swear I went to their site, and only saw .9.1. update. Even searched on the site for .9.2., and got no results.
Which is why I love these forums.
If you don't mind one more question, should I uninstall .9.1. before installing .9.2? Seems as if they usually recommend that, but if so, should I remove Profiles too?
Really appreciate the link, and the help.

Collapse -
Here's the deal.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 22, 2004 8:01 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks Mark..Got it
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ doesn't seem to revise the page on every 0.01 upclick of the revision. It would add that much more work to maintenance.

Would people "pay" for such?

As well the version I see is a 0.92 or 0.9.2 and not a 9.2. Version 1.0 is noted to arrive in the future.

--------------------------------

About uninstall/reinstall. I've been doing that. I have no reason why, but since I have no burning issues I continue repeating the same method over and over and all is well here.

Wishing you great success,
Bob
Collapse -
Re: Here's the deal.
by radean / July 22, 2004 8:33 AM PDT
In reply to: Here's the deal.

Ok Bob. Got my dots in the wrong place. Know this can make a real difference sometimes, but in this case, thought you would probably know what I meant.

Will uninstall, and reinstall as I normally do also, just wondered about deleting profile folder.
Thanks for the reply.

Collapse -
Re: Thanks Mark..Got it
by ggrosscntct / November 4, 2004 4:11 AM PST
In reply to: Thanks Mark..Got it

You can download the lastest version of Firefox version 1.0, on cnet, in the browser section.

Collapse -
Re: Firefox..version question
by radean / July 22, 2004 9:08 AM PDT

OK! Uninstalled, then reinstalled. No problems, and all my settings were retained. Sorry to bug you guys.
Have IE6, Mozilla, Opera, and Firefox installed here, and some seem to react differently to upgrades.
Thanks again.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) glad we could help yor np now im the pia
by Mark G / July 22, 2004 12:10 PM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.