Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

Rant

Firefox recurring page load

by bajajudy / September 2, 2013 2:17 AM PDT

Every time I click on a link, the following page pops up. I have had as many as 7 at one time.
I have emailed Firefox over 20 times asking if this is really from them but have not gotten a reply.
What is this and how can I get rid of it.

Note: This post was edited by a forum moderator to remove link that maybe harmful to others. on 09/03/2013 at 8:37 AM PT

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Firefox recurring page load
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Firefox recurring page load
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Try
by Blue_Zee / September 2, 2013 4:38 AM PDT
Collapse -
As a start..
by Carol~ Moderator / September 2, 2013 5:05 AM PDT

FYI: http:// www.urlvoid.com/scan/6djzz.exclusiverewards.consession.com/

judy..

Is the reason you emailed Mozilla over 20 times, because you filled out a survey you thought was generated on their end? If that's not the case, could you tell us what provoked you to write and ask 'if it was really from them'?

To begin with, I would suggest scanning with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and AdwCleaner. Both are free.

I would also suggest installing Adblock Plus. It too is free. .

Best of luck..
Carol

Collapse -
(NT) Oops. B_Z., didn't see your post re: Adw Cleaner :-(
by Carol~ Moderator / September 2, 2013 5:09 AM PDT
In reply to: As a start..
Collapse -
No worries
by Blue_Zee / September 2, 2013 6:52 AM PDT

I am a fan of yours and can only applaud your help.

Collapse -
Fixed with AdwCleaner
by bajajudy / September 3, 2013 11:06 AM PDT
In reply to: As a start..

Hey thanks for the quick replies. I forgot to get the email notice of replies.
I already have Adblock which obviously did not work nor did Malwarebytes
But I ran adwcleaner and it seems to have worked.
Still no reply from Firefox
This is THE best forum

BTW sorry for putting the link in my question. It never entered my mind that someone might click on it. I just thought that maybe someone would recognize it.

Collapse -
Happy for you
by mchainmchain / September 3, 2013 7:44 PM PDT
In reply to: Fixed with AdwCleaner

Now might be a good time to install WOT (Web Of Trust) add-on for all major browsers: (Note that more than just firefox is covered here) http://www.mywot.com/

I've given you the link to the main website, feel free to browse around and check out the Download section, as well as literally millions of site ratings by members @ WOT.

AdBlock Plus is one part of protection, and WOT is the other. WOT, when added to the browser you use, will actually block full loading of your browser should you accidentally click something and it is also known to be a bad site. It offers the option of leaving without damage and, over time, also enables one to use good judgement about whether a site is safe to visit or not.

If you wish to post a link anywhere in any forum, always best to modify the link if it can lead one to a malware infection.

(Example follows:)

hxxp://www.google.com

The link above with modification will make it not clickable. Happy

Those whom wish to investigate further will fix the intentional error by themselves, of course.

Collapse -
Phishing
by mchainmchain / September 2, 2013 7:12 AM PDT

Not an uncommon form of attack. This one looks to be an advert site. Naturally, I did not click on the link because I know about such things; I would not recommend anyone who is visiting click it either.

Use the tools recommended by both Blue_Zee and Carol to recover.

http://zulu.zscaler.com/submission/show/945ff3f47f3fcfcd8a7c074811c8dff4-1378155855
http://urlquery.net/report.php?id=4914647
http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/6djzz.exclusiverewards.consession.com

Note the misspelling of the word "concession". It is the domain name, but use of such is suspicious.

Collapse -
thanks
by bajajudy / September 5, 2013 1:10 AM PDT
In reply to: Phishing

I have adblock, tried malabytes(didnt help) then I tried adwcleaner and it worked

sorry about the link in my original post. didnt think that someone would try it but did think that it might be something that would help with my question.

I never filled out the survey and was pretty sure that firefox was not responsible but thought they might be interested in the problem.

sorry for the delay in response

Collapse -
No need for apologies..
by Carol~ Moderator / September 5, 2013 1:28 AM PDT
In reply to: thanks

We're glad to hear all has been straightened out. Happy

Carol

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?